Lord Jamar names rappers better than Eminem

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Bit of a shock thread....People he named that were better than Em are well known or debatable.

Nas
Kendrick
Wayne
Redman
Lauryn Hill

But Snoop, Drake, 50, and a few others are just :francis:

Plus to say that he's just not into female rappers let's me know he's a fool OR needs to hear Jean Grae, Rapsody etc.

My biggest issue though is, hip hop purists, like Jamar, almost always raise the flag of lyrics being king. Then he says that Em is lyrical but then has other rappers above him that aren't as lyrical??!!

He's completely contradicting himself.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What's wrong with what he said? Just because he believes there's a bunch of rappers better than him doesn't necessarily mean he should believe that he's better. He was just keeping it real. Eminem is better than Jamar, and I'm a fan of the 5% album also, but he shouldn't be placed above MCs who have put out much better quality music consistently throughout their careers.

It doesnt add up

LJ is lyrically better than 2chainz

But according to LJ 2chainz is better than em whos better than LJ which means

2chainz >Em > LJ

2chainz is not lyrically superior over LJ

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I don't give a fvck about that "technical" bullsh!t. Eminem is NOT a better MC than most of the dudes that are usually brought up when GOAT lists are talked about. He's has a catalog of music that is 2/3 unlistenable, mediocre or corny and NO classics.
It's confirmed, your ears are broken. On top of that you're talking "MCs"...what MCs are even left? The dudes that are brought up on the GOAT lists most times aint even GOAT. It just be a bunch of nikkas stuck in the 90s that can't even form their own opinions. They would rather go with the popular thing to say just to avoid conflict

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I would make a list but it would take too long.

A few named off the top though...

KRS-One
2 Pac
Nas
K-Rino
Biggie
Big Pun
Scarface
Brother Ali
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Z-Ro
Chuck D
AZ
Guru
Common
Raekwon
Talib Kweli
Last Emperor
Chino XL
Rakim
Wise Intelligent
Pharohe Monch
Canibus
Vinnie Paz
Immortal Technique

Bizzy Bone
Fat Joe
Cormega
Kool Moe Dee
Prodigy

Havoc
Big L
LL Cool J
Slug
Queen Latifah
Tragedy Khadafi

And that's all I have time to name for now but a lot more.

Don't agree with the bolded. Some are even close. Like Slug, K-Rino, Moe Dee and Fat Joe. Prodigy barely rhymes anymore. Latifah aint write her on shyt and should be dq'd.

It's weird, like as a pure RAPPER, Em's skills is one of the best. Rhyme Schemes, Pressence and sometimes lyrically. He's top notch.

Lyrically he's not even top 30 to me. People Like Chuck, KRS, Monch, Black Thought, and many others got him. Rhyme scheme wise though. shyt....maybe gift of gab, G Rap, Monch and Pun in his prime are the only ones fukking with him.

Overall, hard not to put Royce on your list too.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marshall ain't been shyt on the mic since The Eminem Show...and that album was damn near wack to be honest. That was what, 2002? Wait...Marshall was spitting on the 8 Mile Soundtrack, so I'll change that to 2003. Still he ain't been shyt in 12 years.

Daps
I would make a list but it would take too long.

A few named off the top though...

KRS-One
2 Pac
Nas
K-Rino
Biggie
Big Pun
Scarface
Brother Ali
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Z-Ro
Chuck D
AZ
Guru
Common
Raekwon
Talib Kweli
Last Emperor
Chino XL
Rakim
Wise Intelligent
Pharohe Monch
Canibus
Vinnie Paz
Immortal Technique
Bizzy Bone
Fat Joe
Cormega
Kool Moe Dee
Prodigy
Havoc
Big L
LL Cool J
Slug
Queen Latifah
Tragedy Khadafi

And that's all I have time to name for now but a lot more.
Forgot
Jay Z
Lauryn Hill

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The thought of Eminem being top 20 :pachaha:

There are rappers from the new school that done already passed Eminem in all-time Hip Hop ranking for me.

Guys like Kendrick and Drake all derserve higher spots in the spectrum than the rap Elvis.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't agree with the bolded. Some are even close. Like Slug, K-Rino, Moe Dee and Fat Joe. Prodigy barely rhymes anymore. Latifah aint write her on shyt and should be dq'd.

It's weird, like as a pure RAPPER, Em's skills is one of the best. Rhyme Schemes, Pressence and sometimes lyrically. He's top notch.

Lyrically he's not even top 30 to me. People Like Chuck, KRS, Monch, Black Thought, and many others got him. Rhyme scheme wise though. shyt....maybe gift of gab, G Rap, Monch and Pun in his prime are the only ones fukking with him.

Overall, hard not to put Royce on your list too.
Cool, I disagree, I think for instance K-Rino is hugely better than Eminem and Eminem isn't even in the same galaxy as him, infact I think he's so much better it's hard to believe they are even in the same genre. K-Rino would take every meaningful category to me.

Slug I think has made better music and is a more poetic writer. Kool Moe Dee I also think is better in several ways, such as battling. And Fat Joe I feel has amassed a very good body of work over the years, better than Eminem. I think most of Eminem's work now is played out and corny. Prodigy I think has more timeless music.

G Rap is another dude I personally feel is better that didn't mention. Ras Kass too.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
regardless of eminem's place in hip hop history this interview style is ridiculous

tell me rappers you feel more than the white american hope ?
what type of shyt is that ?
i mean i get it but still this makes the culture retarded... for a couple youtube views