Lord Jamar: People Who Like Lil Yachty are Actually Stupid

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Why is this does this trash music always have a Black face ? Show me the white/asian/mexican equivalent to Lil Yachty, Uzi Vert, or any of these ignorant dudes.

Anyone who says Lord Jamar trash trollin. Brand Nu one of the illest groups ever but hey to each... my testosterone wont let me accept this half-a-f@g new stuff

It's made to dumb down skill level of black youth and eternally make them musically illiterate.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's right, more than half these new nikkas are garbage period. I'll be a hater or whatever..but once they started letting anyone in shyt became a parody of itself. They have ZERO talent, beats are all garbage, I don't need bars upon bars or any nerd shyt but make that shyt sound good at least, them being kids dont mean shyt, anybody who sits in the studio, listens to that bullshyt and puts it out needs their hip hop privileges revoked.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He also doesn't have a leg to stand on since he was the weakest member of an average group.

Grand Puba was lyrical royalty in the early 90's. You weren't there.:camby:

Derek x was always the sheek louch of the group jamar was styles and Grand Puba was Jada

And i've seen Brand Nubians live when the did that jam in front of Burger King near Kingston Throop in Brooklyn 2012 and a few months ago at Haffen park in the Bronx with dj lovebug starsky.

Both times I was hypnotized by the vibes of the music and their stage presence. It doesn't matter that Puba looks 400 lbs he can still rock a crowd.

Last edited:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sadat x was the weakest member of brand Nubian, breh.

Art Barr

I just quoted fool and said the same thing before reading further.

Derek X being the weakest link was common knowledge since the song "All For One"

These new nikkas don't even qualify to speak on Brand Nubians let alone Lord Jamar.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What is he then? :stopitslime: he ain't a singer for damn sure and he can't play any instruments

How are you gonna come in here with a :sas1: disposition when you damn well know yatchy isn't saying he's not a rapper because he feels he's doing some brilliant ground breaking left field sh1t that stretches the confines of what a 'rapper' should or could be, but because he's knows he's fugazzi himself and can't be a 'good' or even great rapper

Its a cop out...the nicca weak mentally

And don't tell me that isn't the case otherwise he wouldn't have caught feelings and dropped 'for hot97' where he 'tried' to rap

And still got clowned :bryan:

The rationale behind why he's saying it is irrelevant....if he don't consider himself a rapper then rap fans should be like :manny: "fukk him" because he don't even care enough to associate himself with the genre. Instead in every Yachty thread you got people talking about "stop hating, let him do his thing" which is retarded. Then on top of that trying to tie it into some kinda age argument. Rap fans bend over backwards to give clowns passes more than any other genre.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im not a fan of most of this new generation of rappers, but it is what it is. These kids like it, it's their generation. I remember when I was younger and the old heads were saying the same shyt about rap. The music you listen to is no indication of your level of intelligence.

Eh, this is faulty logic.

Rap was an entirely new genre, which is why the previous generation didn't accept it. Yachty is just (despite his protestations) a wack rapper. He's not doing anything new, he's doing something that's been around 40 years poorly.

Fred.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that drake comment had me dumbfounded
this muthfukker actually said drake has more hit records then biggie & pac combined :snoop:

i was like

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif
Dude a fukkin lame..like Biggie and Pac didn't die right in the middle of their runs..and lets keep it funky..Drake can go on to sell 50 billion records...does he got a ready to die? me against the world? Hell no..it needs to be a movement to get these wack nikkas vlad included out of hip hop.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So Do I.

I remember old heads hating on the westcoast for gangsta rap, saying it was terrible and the artists were not 'MCs'

Ehhhhh....

I gotta play devil's advocate here. Don't get me wrong a lot of hate was being directed at the west for no apparent reason....but at the same time you gotta remember LL Cool J thought The Beastie Boys were too extreme. And they are obviously "Sesame Street" compared to gangsta rap. So it was just culture shock for a lot of people, especially when rap went from "The Breaks" to "Boyz N Tha Hood" in just 7 years.

Also the Raising Hell Tour in '86 (or '87, I'm :flabbynsick:) was shut down by gangs when it went to Long Beach. So a lot of people were :wtb: towards the west coast vis-à-vis hip-hop before they even had a chance to get on.

Fred.

Last edited:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Why is this does this trash music always have a Black face ? Show me the white/asian/mexican equivalent to Lil Yachty, Uzi Vert, or any of these ignorant dudes.

Anyone who says Lord Jamar trash trollin. Brand Nu one of the illest groups ever but hey to each... my testosterone wont let me accept this half-a-f@g new stuff

Study "minstrel shows" of the past.

Also study "media propaganda" and how its been used throughout history to demonize the image of certain groups of people:

The black image has and is still currently being made to look ignorant, violent, lazy, unintelligent, irresponsible, etc on a global scale.

Also keep in mind who controls and dictates hiphop.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
but technically, isn't he right? Doesn't Drake have more billboard success than Pac and Big? I honestly have no idea because hip hop fans don't keep up with pop statistics. Drake should have more billboard success than Pac and Big - he's far more pop than they ever were.

But great hip hop songs? Drake is nowhere close to Pac and Big
From a billboard statistics standpoint, he's right

But...just because he has more hits in a diluted era for billboard singles with digital streams/downloads doesnt mean looking all time hes as beloved as Big and Pac

Its why I dont make a big deal when people use Youtube view arguments for a song that was out for a month having like 80 million views compared to like a classic Hip Hop joint having only like 4 mil or something

i don't follow current hip hop
but i most definitely know drake doesn't have a diamond album