Lue- Curry is the head of the Snake

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Definitely, the smartest thing to do. Leaving Durant to go 1v1 is the lesser of two evils. You trap Durant and there's the potential of Curry being open and you're fighting to stay afloat trying to match his 3-pt production. It's half the reason why they've been able to limit his scoring production in the last three Finals' because they force the ball outta his hands and make players like Draymond, Iggy etc etc take shots.

so you really believe this to be the lesser of two evils? Curry isn't a mismatch with whoever is guarding him, Durant is.
This sounds like Curry is the more dangerous player of the two if you believe you would be 'fighting to stay afloat' by letting Curry go one on one as compared to Durant.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He came two assists and a rebound short of averaging a triple double his DAMN self.

I'd say their strategy failed on multiple levels.

Also, this should effectively shut up all those Curry detractors from LAST postseason. When they said he was hurt people said it was an excuse....turns out he probably was hurt and not 100%, cause we saw his redemption tour this time around. How you average more rebounds than Cleveland's bigs? :mjlol:

Nah it was moreso he had an MVP caliber player come in and take most of the load off. How cats keep ignoring this like it's a small difference is mind boggling, of course he would look more impressive this past finals.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I just don't think trapping Curry was the best move. It allowed KD to kill them one on one. He has a mismatch with whomever he went up against.

It looks like Lue and Bron just came to the realization that they couldn't stop the Servant, so they tried cutting off the head in Steph. But Steph found a way to make an impact even when being trapped after crossing half court.

Gil Scott-Heroin

✊🏿
Daps
so you really believe this to be the lesser of two evils? Curry isn't a mismatch with whoever is guarding him, Durant is.
The lesser of two evils for the opposition. Not for the Warriors. If that makes sense.
This sounds like Curry is the more dangerous player of the two if you believe you would be 'fighting to stay afloat' by letting Curry go one on one as compared to Durant.
What I'm saying is, if the defense is trapping Durant that means Curry's most likely to be open somewhere, behind the arc and the ball will find him and that's worse for the defense. And on 1v1 possessions too, he can easily break down his man on a dribble-drive or pull up from 3. But in all honesty, if Durant's feeling it from behind the arc, then it doesn't really matter who the opposition is trapping.

They're arguably the two greatest off the dribble shooters that have played the game, so it's pick between Maitotoxin and Ricin. Either way you're dead.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Nah it was moreso he had an MVP caliber player come in and take most of the load off. How cats keep ignoring this like it's a small difference is mind boggling, of course he would look more impressive this past finals.
Last year Curry couldn't take advantage of mismatches on switches. This year when one on one against Love or Thompson or any other mismatch he was taking them straight to the hole.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
The lesser of two evils for the opposition. Not for the Warriors. If that makes sense.

What I'm saying is, if the defense is trapping Durant that means Curry's most likely to be open somewhere, behind the arc and the ball will find him and that's worse for the defense. And on 1v1 possessions too, he can easily break down his man on a dribble-drive or pull up from 3. But in all honesty, if Durant's feeling it from behind the arc, then it doesn't really matter who the opposition is trapping.

They're arguably the two greatest off the dribble shooters that have played the game, so it's pick between Maitotoxin and Ricin. Either way you're dead.

I get it, it's pick your poison with them but it's just hard to believe that good basketball judgement tells you deny & trap a 6'3-6'4 guard and allow a 7'0 foot 'guard' to have his way. :patrice: I just can't understand it. Traditional Basketball sense tells you that is the wrong move
I kinda feel like the Cavs disrepected KD playing him that way. It's like they didn't believe he could beat them.

Last year Curry couldn't take advantage of mismatches on switches. This year when one on one against Love or Thompson or any other mismatch he was taking them straight to the hole.

true he went right by them this year. that was my main critic of him last year. He settled for 3's and didn't use his full arsenal. He did this year, Midrange and finishing at the rim. He made the necessary adjustment.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Last year he was getting trapped on every pick and roll as well, but the Cavs left Barnes open and he couldn't make them pay. So Curry was neutralized on the traps because the court was shrunken so much and he couldn't get to the basket effectively because of health. I never seen him miss so many layups as he did in last year's Finals.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
true he went right by them this year. that was my main critic of him last year. He settled for 3's and didn't use his full arsenal. He did this year, Midrange and finishing at the rim. He made the necessary adjustment.
I don't think it was an adjustment as much as now being able to. He couldn't shake Adams, Ibaka, TT, or Love one on one last year, it was obvious he wasn't right.