Mac and Cheese. Baked, Creamy, or Both? #Poll

Do you prefer your Mac and Cheese baked or creamy?

• Total voters

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Why was it trash tho?:dahell:
Tbh I’m not sure. If I’m gonna be scientific; I would say that the melting of the cheese on top increases umami and the caramelisation kick starts the Maillard reaction. The contrast with the slight bitterness of caramelisation and the tanginess of the cheese is sublime as those two flavours while opposite on the taste spectrum actually work really well together. You don’t have that with the bread crumb version. That extra unctuousness isn’t there.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Creamy mac?!?!:scusthov: you minus whale be eating shells w/ cheese. I was with my cousin years ago had some counterfeit mac and cheese like that at a restaurant and accidentally let out an audible "This must be YT people macaroni & cheese" when the waitress was refilling my glass.:scust:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Tbh I’m not sure. If I’m gonna be scientific; I would say that the melting of the cheese on top increases umami and the caramelisation kick starts the Maillard reaction. The contrast with the slight bitterness of caramelisation and the tanginess of the cheese is sublime as those two flavours while opposite on the taste spectrum actually work really well together. You don’t have that with the bread crumb version. That extra unctuousness isn’t there.

My cousin made crunchy BAKED mac and cheese and she got the idea right.... :wow: i dont know how she did it but she did...plate was dope. but that was for thanksgiving... so it was a one time deal.