Macbook Pro vs Macbook Air?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
exactly...nikkas in here not giving him the full info..don't fukk wit the Air at all...but the MacBook Pro Retina has disadvantages...like..if u don't give a fukk about the Retina Display like that...the shyt CANT be upgraded...so u cant go back and upgrade ram n shyt like that...with the mid 2012 edition..u can upgrade to an SSD...and upgrade ur Ram....least u gonna pay for a MacBook pro retina is 1100 bucks and only an 128gb ssd....
All of your points are moot for the following reasons:

- past 16GB, you're not going to be doing any RAM upgrades anyway. 16GB DDR3 SODIMMs don't exist at the moment. so you might as well cop the 16GB max up front.
- you can upgrade your NAND flash SSD. Other World Computing has specialized in this for years. http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC

unless you're strapped for cash, it doesn't make sense to get a non retina mbp.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
All of your points are moot for the following reasons:

- past 16GB, you're not going to be doing any RAM upgrades anyway. 16GB DDR3 SODIMMs don't exist at the moment. so you might as well cop the 16GB max up front.
- you can upgrade your NAND flash SSD. Other World Computing has specialized in this for years. http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC

unless you're strapped for cash, it doesn't make sense to get a non retina mbp.
No it's not moot...son a fukkin 4gb ram MacBook pro retina with a 128gb ssd is 1100 bucks the LEAST....if that nikka catches a deal on a mid 2012 edition...he can upgrade to 16gb ram for only like a buck...and if he wanna get an ssd..he can do that too...and still be paying less than he paid for a retina MacBook...to say it's no point to get a MacBook pro if it's not retina is purely ridiculous cause I know people who use older macbook pro's still for performance use...not even casual...like I said..unless u really like that retina screen..there is no NEED for a retina MacBook...why u think the resale on them shyts is so high?..if he follows ur advice..he gonna be spendin like 2gs...

Last edited:

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
@Brooklynzson whats that site you had posted a while back for the cases/skins for the mbp? Loving this thing so far :banderas:
Amazon. It was a slim bag from Incase like this:

But this what I rock w/ now when i'm out:

It got a separate padded compartment for laptops :ohlawd: The other bag i just keep by my bedside to put my laptop in at night.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
youre good. i got a late 2011 and its still money except for yosemite's buggyness. 16gb ram. out of warranty repair 350 flat

so basically every 3 or 4 years, 350 gets you a fresh rig if need be

My late 2009 MBP refurbished is still running strong after some scheduled upgrades. It's currently running on 8GB ram and a 750 GB WD Black HD. :lawd:

profound

technique
Daps
You're gonna need an external for your music though unless you want to pay an arm and a leg in ssd fees (apple rapes you there).

i dont know much about any of this..I'm looking to buy a 500gb mbp retina, but what are ssd fees?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i dont know much about any of this..I'm looking to buy a 500gb mbp retina, but what are ssd fees?
Oh, I just meant that apple charges more for ssd space than they should. You're basically paying a lot more for the upgrade than you would if you were to buy it by yourself. 500gb ssd should be good for you though. If you need more space, you can always get an external

GotEmShook

#ChiefsNation #BeRoyal
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO
I have a MBA with the SSD. Bought a 1TB external hard drive for it, But I would go with the Retina Pro if I were you. That's what im going to go with once mine dies.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'd get the pro. I have a windows laptop, and I NEVER take it out the house unless we are going out of town. with smartphonesand ipads, I don't see the point of taking a laptop places anymore for the most part.
If you owned a Surface Pro you wouldn't be saying this. Having a full laptop at your disposal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Codeine Crazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My late 2009 MBP refurbished is still running strong after some scheduled upgrades. It's currently running on 8GB ram and a 750 GB WD Black HD. :lawd:

Oh, I just meant that apple charges more for ssd space than they should. You're basically paying a lot more for the upgrade than you would if you were to buy it by yourself. 500gb ssd should be good for you though. If you need more space, you can always get an external
Slime whats the best SSD and Ram options for a macbook pro MD101X/A. I looked at vids installing the shyt. Thats cake