Man, it saddens me how many black men and women just are NOT allowed to be GREAT!!!

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
What's stopping us from being great? :popcorn3:

Money?

Societal and mental conditioning.

They actively make rules that hold us back and keep us out.
We have been tricked into thinking this course of injustice is acceptable.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
fukk the rules. That's the #2 rule for Blacks in White supremacy for accomplishment but #1 is understand it and know what is what. A lot of Blacks got it backwards. We don't understand it and we like fukk it. Only thing we do is fukk ourselves up.

Ill take it a step further: i think most of us are unaware of the concept of systemic oppression PERIOD. Im not talking bout simple bigotry, im referring to the INTENTIONAL & SYSTEMATIC barriers set in place to keep the black race at a certain level. Things like redlining anm unfair loan practices. We are completely unaware of exactly how deep and elaborate white supremacy really is. Hell, you can bring up certain tactics and OTHER BLACK PEOPLE will call u a "conspiracy theorist".

This itself is by design. White supremacy depends on our OWN ignorance. Awareness is the 1st step. We must have an "awakening" on a mass level which will increase our own racial pride and unity, the 2 biggest weapons needed to combat white supremacy.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
You mean like Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, Clarence Thomas, Gen. Colin Powell, Prince, Usain Bolt, Denzel Washington, Jackie Robinson, Reggie Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Wesley Snipes, Mohammad Ali, Condoleeza Rice, Patty LaBelle, Whoopi Goldberg, Eddie Murphy, and others who have risen to fame are not great?
There are too many to list.
And by too many, I mean like people who are great in their local communities and families, not just a famous person.

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
honestly we are, are own worst enemies, we support everyone else more than we support each other and until that ends we are doomed. Picture if everyone supported music instead of downloading it, supported black owned clothing lines and belts instead of all these foreign ones, and everyone kept investing that money into our neighborhoods. I honestly dont know now though, everyone seems too slow and brainwashed.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
honestly we are, are own worst enemies, we support everyone else more than we support each other and until that ends we are doomed. Picture if everyone supported music instead of downloading it, supported black owned clothing lines and belts instead of all these foreign ones, and everyone kept investing that money into our neighborhoods. I honestly dont know now though, everyone seems too slow and brainwashed.

People wont like this post but its on point. It all goes back to gaining knowledge of ourselves which wil in turn increase our own racial pride and unity

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
One thing to consider is conditioning from the media. We need more exposure to black excellence and less foolishness in the media. The media plays a role in conditioning. We as a people need to be more active in defining what it is to be black. Not the media. I've been all over the world and people already have assumptions about us until I break it down for them. We also need to collectively understand how to use the economic power that we have.

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
People wont like this post but its on point. It all goes back to gaining knowledge of ourselves which wil in turn increase our own racial pride and unity
yup people hate to hear the truth, but we dont need *them* anymore. The Asian community has already proven that you can build within your own community and have power without being dependent on whites,. Of course its racism holding us back, but we arnt even trying to build at all. Allot of knowledge and social reconditioning needs to take place.