Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never even knew this existed :whoo: I'll definitely be shopping with bevel.

This may be a brilliant idea because as many gyms full of black men and places that I've shaved and as many conversations that I've had with brothers about shaving and razor bumps, this company has never been mentioned. A lot of us shave regularly and don't know about this. Imagine if he can get his product and brand as a household name in black homes here and abroad :ohhh:

I wonder does he have reps or anything pushing his product out on the streets

Hmm reps can hit up all the barbershops in their area...

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
There's two sides to that business decision.
1. He should have taken it. He could use the money to help the people he wants to. The valuation of the buyout is probably higher than its current value. Those companies don't have to do the R&D and they wouldn't have to develop a new brand name and reputation.
2. He shouldn't take the offer. This business can probably last for a long time and expand globally... as there are black people all over the world. Or he might hold out for a bigger valuation and then sell later.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
company must be still growing with more products in the pipeline....

No way you turn down $500mil to keep black ownership :gotdamnbreh:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
ibmR3I3Q0vUgQA.gif

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hmm reps can hit up all the barbershops in their area...

Not only that, gyms. That's where I and a lot of brothers I know shave at and you have that middle aged and up black crowd that come to the gym regularly for that.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
:salute:

With the right marketing he could probably quadruple the offer they gave him.

this...

I guarantee he has financial investors that have a much higher valuation for his company. 500 million is a TON of money but it's an undervaluation if your company is worth 100 million + per year for 20 years...

Breh is gonna add more products and skews and hit that billy in 18 months :myman:

Kano

All Star
Daps
Just for that I will purchase something from his business. And if it's legit I'm putting all my homies on

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:wow:

Only if Bob Johnson could have done this and didn't sell BET.

People bytched when Bob Johnson owned BET, they bytched when he sold it. nikkas ain't never satisfied

tbh with the way they don't even want black people to BUY networks.. he probably got that pressure...

In Oakland Ca, there was a Brother named Chuck Johnson who refused to sell out to HBO. He always stressed about staying 100% Black owned and not being a guest at his own table. Sadly to say, his television stationed died when he died. :mjcry:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Man, some of these comments are stupid as fukk. "Couldn't of a been me, cuz I'da taken dat 500 miyon and beent off onto a new ventcha!!!" And then some of you turn around and bytch about black men not being able to get a fukking job. This is how you do it...OWN shyt!!!! Now he can hire other blacks at HIS company, and make products FOR black people. GOD DAMN!!

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
He could sell and start another company. White people do it ALL THE TIME. It's not that deep. How do you think Marc Cuban or Elon Musk got as rich as they are?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Not only that, gyms. That's where I and a lot of brothers I know shave at and you have that middle aged and up black crowd that come to the gym regularly for that.
They do I ain't never saw a dude shave in the gym ever. Must be going to fancier spots than me lol

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
He could sell and start another company. White people do it ALL THE TIME. It's not that deep. How do you think Marc Cuban or Elon Musk got as rich as they are?
They both got rich off one company and now have more. They didn't have multiple,companies at first from what I have saw on them