Mariah Carey may drop her secret 1995 grunge album soon

Spence

Superstar
Daps
She gonna top the charts undoubtedly in December. :mjlol:

Just like every year

You don’t know what your talking about.
Right but that song (and all of her hits) are 20/30+ years old. She tried to do a comeback and it fell flat as fk. I also don’t think she can sing well these days, her live performances have taken a nose dive from the reviews of her Vegas shows but it’s to be expected since (like Whitney) she is a big voice singer and they usually flame out in their 50’s

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Really interested to hear it

Plus, who was the backup band ! Coming from 1995?

If Soundgarden played, I’m buying 2 copies.

Hopefully a Grunge era producer (Butch Vig, etc). This will be a great gift to all Grunge fans

Daps
WE BEEEEEEEEEEEEELONG TOGEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHER!
yes-rock.gif

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Really interested to hear it

Plus, who was the backup band ! Coming from 1995?

If Soundgarden played, I’m buying 2 copies.

Hopefully a Grunge era producer (Butch Vig, etc). This will be a great gift to all Grunge fans
Mayne, she probably got Bush or some big name to do it since she was at her height at the time and wouldn’t half step with some unknown. Sound garden would’ve been a fantastic choice as well

Daps
"She suggested, without providing details, that she was even building on the record with an unnamed musician: "I'm working on a version of something where there'll be another artist working on this with me as well.""

sza would fit, she got the vibe... she's on fire.... she's got tde behind her.... let's goooooooo!

nullnullnullnull

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
Nah, music wasn't like that back then.
Yeah music was hella genre and subculture specific. If you made R&B/Soul you stuck there. And if you made hip hop oriented music like Mary J Blige, you couldn’t become an adult contemporary act. You could flirt with other genres or sounds but not go totally left field of your arena.

As an artist myself now, it’s easier to be a multi-genre act or to do different styles from project to project or even song to song.

nullnullnullnull

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
Also, I’m kinda hype for this ngl. Rock is the offspring of rhythm and blues, so it’s not nonsensical that this would happen. All the great British and American cac rockers borrowed heavily from blues, jazz, soul and gospel acts.

Funny enough, I always thought that Tony! Toni! Tone! could’ve gone the rock route and succeeded. Mariah has a great voice. Excited to see what she does.