Only 11 Black People Have Won the Album of the Year Grammy..

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
They didn't pioneer shyt, this sounds like some generic garbage from the 90s, the last song was extra trash..some suicidal shyt especially u should off yourself to you bytch ass muslim.
The last song isn't suicidal shyt at all. It's about wanting to be more emotionally strong. Or bulletproof. You're extra stupid.

There's nothing generic about what I posted. Few things in that decade sound like Crawling up the Walls, especially in rock.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On reflection of this more I don't think I've been in a musical discussion and someone tried to say an artist was better because or their number of Grammys

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Neither of see you mentioned had a prime or did the numbers Mariah did so I'll have to respectfully disagree with you saying that deserve one before her. Mariahs was a pop star but I respect her because she never forgot her roots of R&B and always gave us classic pop hits (Emotions, Always Be My Baby) and classic R&B hits (My All, Don't Forget About Us, etc)

As far as the Grammys go, I'm just not sure what they measure to cast votes. Mariahs peak years in the early 90s was crazy. She's 2nd all time with number 1 hits behind the Beatles and the Beatles have one Album of the Year Win. It makes no sense

Brandy has a diamond album irrc in Never Say Never. She was definitely more popular in 1998 than Mariah. She was basically the black Taylor Swift of her generation. Did Mariah ever get asked to play Cinderella? Did she ever have a cult classic t.v show called Moesha?

Lets be honest here,Mariah was white passing and that got her alot of burn she wouldnt have got if she wasnt. So while I admit she was popular,im not going to act like her music was the only factor in her selling like most black women didnt.

We didnt even touch on what Brandy did for box braids. If we talk cultural relevancy its not even close with aaliyah,Brandy,Beyonce vs Mariah. I know we are talking about Grammys so none of that matters. But you slick downplayed a few black goddesses to boost someone who was questioned as white passing back in the day.

While questioning why black women havent won any awards. Well the grammy does what you just did here. Downplay certain black women,who are more relevant in our culture. For women who are more accepted,and passable in theirs. Which yes,is typically white women and in your case white adjacent:respect:

Daps
:yeshrug:It’s easy for us to say “it’s just an award” when we’re not in those spaces. So I understand that these black musicians/actors want to be recognize. For their talent just like their white counterparts. An Oscar, Grammy, etc is a big achievement for them. But it’s embarrassing to openly say you’re boycotting because you didn’t get an award. Just don’t show up or perform at these awards shows. And they should get the message we already know what time these people are on.
Nothing unique about their experience. We all live in the same country that rewards white mediocrity while overlooking us. J

Only difference between us and them is they're rich while we have to show up to work the next day with a smile.

No sympathy for a billionaire looking for an ego boost.