Marvel Under Pressure To Retire Punisher Character and Logo

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:

Marvel needs to tell anybody suggesting this to suck a dikk. You can't control how people misappropriate your works of fiction.

I remember season 2 of "The Boys" was a long ass diss to MAGA/Trump....and Trump supporters still dressed up like Homelander. :dead:

These people are fukking stupid and living, breathing cognitive dissonance. You can't adapt to that level of obliviousness, just ignore them.

Fred.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Gonna assume this throws a wrench into his mcu debut...:martin:

The most grounded real world easily introduced of the bunch.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
when you start acquiescing to people's online wishes who may or may not even enjoy your art, they'll always feel like they can say any thing and because you set that precedent, it becomes difficult to say no to them or backtrack w/o backlash.

If these companies were about letting artists put forth their art and leaving it to let the public feel however they want to about it rather than going for the dollar and trying to please everyone, these things wouldn't happen.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I hate the fact that people are so retarded as the modern day Punisher (especially when written by Ennis) is a deconstruction of everything those stupid cacs hold dear. Like Garth goes to great efforts to show that the Punisher is a fundamentally broken human being whose only redeeming trait is that he's a relentless predator of the awful and cruel criminals he kills in the comics.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
so should we retire the american flag because mufukkaz acting stupid as shyt wearing flag t-shirts and hats too?
honestly? when you see someone with an American flag at this point, i think you're a liar if you don't automatically associate them with the "patriot" Trump lovers. Hope they make PR and DC states and re-design it. ever see a twitter profile with a flag emoji that wasn't an "all lives matter" a$$hole? not sure i have.

just reboot Frank Castle and retire the logo, b/c again, i only associate it with the dregs of society at this point. those motherfukkers ruin everything.

i also don't see this as "letting them win." We need to purge these motherfukkers from society. they'll get more mad about it than anyone else.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
they gonna have to do captain america next since they be putting american flags on everything too.

All I see in these protests are Punisher and Captain America logos on the domestic terrorists' shirts. :mindblown:

What storyline even suggested that they would be down on fascist nonsense? How did they hijack those symbols as their own, successfully??