Marvel Under Pressure To Retire Punisher Character and Logo

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
honestly? when you see someone with an American flag at this point, i think you're a liar if you don't automatically associate them with the "patriot" Trump lovers. Hope they make PR and DC states and re-design it. ever see a twitter profile with a flag emoji that wasn't an "all lives matter" a$$hole? not sure i have.

just reboot Frank Castle and retire the logo, b/c again, i only associate it with the dregs of society at this point. those motherfukkers ruin everything.

i also don't see this as "letting them win." We need to purge these motherfukkers from society. they'll get more mad about it than anyone else.
I agree with everything you said except Puerto Rico becoming a state. I think they should be their own country and it's citizens automatically get dual citizenship. :yeshrug:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think the real reason they're doing this is because both of the movies this century didn't do well.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Those stupid maga fukks wont stop using it, this is the 'try and take it' crowd
It's pretty much the same situation as that pepe the Frog character.

The frog character was part of some guy's harmless comic strip but the racists co-opted it and despite everything the artist did his creation became synonymous with white supremacy so he just ended up killing the character in his strip and letting it go.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It breaks my heart every time I see a truck roll by with a blue lives matter flag on one side and the punisher logo on the other :mjcry: they really appropriated him :mjcry:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So you're telling me if these guys were running around with Arc Reactors, the half-mask, or Bat Symbols on tees, they'd consider retiring Iron Man, Deadpool or Bats? :mjlol:

Nah, this is the path of least resistance. Something short term and low impact they can do to LOOK like they're doing something.
I’ve grown to dislike the punisher skull outside of the character’s costume but I agree with you.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
The 2nd season opener of the Netflix show had him in the woods mercilessly slaughtering scores of the neckbeards. Frankie says don't relax :ufdup:.

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
plenty of unused logos out there if they needed one for their movement :unimpressed:

for example

pig-logo-vector-clip-art_csp77423017.jpg