Mayweather-Pacquiao: The Opportunity Afterwards

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
What can be done to keep this momentum? It's clear that if we have an epic fight tonight, people will be interested for the next 12-18 months.

I have always said that Boxing needs a huge promotion such as UFC to keep its name out there, but I know some disagree with that.

Let's just build and talk about this great opportunity to get Boxing back into the minds of the casuals :blessed:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Nothing. These morons fukked up.

Undercard shoulda been stacked with #1 vs #2 fights.

Im talking khan vs thurman, Thurman vs Porter type shyt.

We getting bums on the undercard, mayweather wins and retires. Literally nothing good for boxing comes off this fight.

No one is gonna beat floyd and get the rub like Oscar gave the rub to floyd and manny.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

We getting bums on the undercard, mayweather wins and retires. Literally nothing good for boxing comes off this fight.

No one is gonna beat floyd and get the rub like Oscar gave the rub to floyd and manny.
:bryan: but yeah really the only one on this card that has the upswing to get a rub is vasyl..this should have followed the formula of the may-canelo card

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As far as how boxing is currently constructed the best thing that could happen is for Floyd to lose to a young fighter on the come up building a huge name. Pac isn't that guy because he's headed for the end too. At one point I thought it was gonna be Broner (didn't think he was nearly as good as Floyd but thought he'd catch Floyd at the end of his career and in the middle of his own prime).

But boxing doesn't "need" any of this shyt anyway. It's up to each boxer to promote himself and his own brand, just like in music, that's just the current state of entertainment with social media the way it is now. Actually a great thing for boxing would be for a YOUNG heavyweight to do exactly what Shannon Briggs is doing. Briggs is going about things in a sorta genius way, he's just not talented nor young enough to pull it off to the fullest extent.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

This is a huge missed opportunity to put on an undercard full of rising stars who could get themselves imprinted on the public consciousness by being a part of this huge ass media spectacle.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County

This is exactly right. And that should tell you how contentious this promotion has been. They haven't covered even the most basic steps involved with a card of this magnitude, especially building new Stars through the undercard.

That's why I believe everyone involved when they say there won't be a rematch.

This pettiness will set boxing back a bit with building crossover appeal to casuals.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
They should have come correct with that undercard and gave us at least one fight between boxers with a big enough name an following to make some noise. If we would have gotten a good old fashioned brawl on the undercard it would have helped sell boxing to a little bit more to the casual fan.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't agree with you at all but I do understand where you are coming from. That bullshyt 12 rounds of struggle last night has resulted in every corner of the media world declaring that boxing is dead or dying because in the most watched moment of this decade where the sport was supposed to shine we got two dudes wasting every body's time for 12 rounds never really engaging in anything approaching an entertaining bout.
Add to it a totally shytty undercard and the so-called "fight of the Century" did more to tarnish boxing's image in the eyes of world than any scandalous behavior by promoters or fighters could hope to have done.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don't agree with you at all but I do understand where you are coming from. That bullshyt 12 rounds of struggle last night has resulted in every corner of the media world declaring that boxing is dead or dying because in the most watched moment of this decade where the sport was supposed to shine we got two dudes wasting every body's time for 12 rounds never really engaging in anything approaching an entertaining bout.
Add to it a totally shytty undercard and the so-called "fight of the Century" did more to tarnish boxing's image in the eyes of world than any scandalous behavior by promoters or fighters could hope to have done.

this will be the unfortunate legacy of this fight card...it did not need another oscar-tito type fight but thats what we got

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm actually more dissapointed in Manny Pacquiao because his output was so low.

I think that Marquez KO changed dude forever, a pre Marquez 4 Manny would come charging at Floyd with all he had. Sadly, its over.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps

sadly this...

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love

Why they hell would they of wanted to share PPV revenue with Khan . .

I could see that being a good look for PBC tho