Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
And not one post from a coli queen:wow:
They love chaos and dikk watching threads
But actual threads acknowledging black women pioneers:wow:
Them hoes quiet as a church mouse:wow:
And y’all love giving them birds attention like they really wit it:wow:

Daps
I just ran back a few songs and I don’t see it. I guess you might be able to make a connection with the guitar playing, but a lot of grunge took from and punk and metal. Big stretch.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
What kinda son did she give birth to? Dead for weeks in her apartment before she was found? And he’s an award winning documentary maker and didn’t do a documentary on his own history making mother?
Yeah, that was pretty suspect.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Cacs just love to steal from black people. It’s sick.

Grunge was always heralded as enlightened and socially aware music but it’s clear that it had a strong race and misogyny problem. The erasure of black people and particularly black women from punk and punk adjacent culture has been so weird. Black Americans made rock n roll and influenced everything from punk to metal to industrial to alternative but Black Americans aren’t even found in any of the aforementioned scenes except for small numbers.

America is a sick place. The next big musical innovation of Black America must be gatekept and monetized for the benefit of Black Americans

Black People say they hate Capitalism, so most likely it will never happen

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
It's widely agreed that it's early grunge

Sounds like pretty much ALL the post-punk music from that time, so, all post-punk could be considered early grunge by that criteria......​

This is just a couple tracks from the early years of MTV that I remember.

With that said, I acknowledge that she was an early pioneer, but naming her the 'creator' is a bit of a stretch.​

Last edited:

sunny80

All Star
Daps
Sounds like pretty much ALL the post-punk music from that time, so, all post-punk could be considered early grunge by that criteria......​

This is just a couple tracks from the early years of MTV that I remember.

With that said, I acknowledge that she was an early pioneer, but naming her the 'creator' is a bit of a stretch.​

:mindblown: