Melo speaks on the Triangle

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Dope in-depth explanation. Just listening, you see why the triangle was so effective in its heyday but also why it would bomb into days “7 second shot clock” style of play.

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
The only other players I’ve heard go in depth about the Triangle were Kobe, Rodman, and Kerr after he became a coach.

So :salute:to Melo most players act like its some mythical offense. But he went pretty detailed with some of its actions.

And the Triangle was created in like the 40’s so I could see why teams take principles from it but don’t run the whole thing. It hasn’t adapted to the change in defense after the illegal defense rule was lifted and rise in three point shooting and spacing.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
the triangle was effective because of Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Pippen, Gasol, Odom...
not because it was good :mjlol:
It’s obviously a good offense though considering elements of it have now been around for nearly 80 years :dead:

And none of them players won shyt outside of the Triangle :heh:

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
That offense only works when you have an ethereal, athletic and efficient 3 level scorer that moved off the ball and that would save a lot of terrible possessions where nikkas like Ron Harper ending up with the rock with 5 seconds left, Melo never was that.

Phil was an idiot for thinking that offense would work with anybody other than an MJ clone, it’s a reason that offense had no success historically before MJ nor after Kobe ( an MJ archetype) .

And Melo was delusional, as usual, for thinking he was qualified to fill that role. He was begging for Phil to step down and coach, and Phil was wise enough to avoid that. Cause Melo in his prime was at least 4 levels below Bean. So him during his twilight years with the Knicks Phil giving that nikka the :hubie:made sense

Some players just aren’t championship quality , people can blame it on all the exterior reasons that they want

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
That offense only works when you have an ethereal, athletic and efficient 3 level scorer that moved off the ball and that would save a lot of terrible possessions where nikkas like Ron Harper ending up with the rock with 5 seconds left, Melo never was that.

Phil was an idiot for thinking that offense would work with anybody other than an MJ clone, it’s a reason that offense had no success historically before MJ nor after Kobe ( an MJ archetype) .

And Melo was delusional, as usual, for thinking he was qualified to fill that role. He was begging for Phil to step down and coach, and Phil was wise enough to avoid that. Cause Melo in his prime was at least 4 levels below Bean. So him during his twilight years with the Knicks Phil giving that nikka the :hubie:made sense

Some players just aren’t championship quality , people can blame it on all the exterior reasons that they want
There’s a coach in the Phillipines that brought the Triangle to their league in 1989 and won 22 championships across three different franchises.

Phil Jackson brought it to the NBA in 1989 also and won 11 championships. None of the players were able to win a championship before or after.

Sam Barry and Tex Winter are in the Hall if Fame off their coaching both had success with the Triangle at the NCAA level.

Greg Popovich and Steve Kerr have won championships in the 2010’s with Triangle elements.

‘Blind Pig’ gives the Atlanta Hawks a runway to the rim

shyts a good offense period and prioritized good team basketball with its principles :dead:

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
There’s a coach in the Phillipines that brought the Triangle to their league in 1989 and won 22 championships across three different franchises.

Phil Jackson brought it to the NBA in 1989 also and won 11 championships. None of the players were able to win a championship before or after.

Sam Barry and Tex Winter are in the Hall if Fame off their coaching both had success with the Triangle at the NCAA level.

Greg Popovich and Steve Kerr have won championships in the 2010’s with Triangle elements.

‘Blind Pig’ gives the Atlanta Hawks a runway to the rim

shyts a good offense period and prioritized good team basketball with its principles :dead:
This post is so disingenuous man. I was clearly talking about the triangle has only found success in those instances in the NBA. Which is fact. Dude over here talking about some damn Phillipine league :mjlol:

Gtfoh man. And coaches implement tad bits of the Princeton into their sets as well, but you don’t see any teams adhering strictly to the principles of that offense and that offense only, which was my point......again, disingenuous.

The triangle hasn’t nor will be the primary offense of any team period. Yet lone one that aspires to win championships.....unless another MJ/MJ archetype falls out the sky. Period

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
This post is so disingenuous man. I was clearly talking about the triangle has only found success in those instances in the NBA. Which is fact. Dude over here talking about some damn Phillipine league :mjlol:

Gtfoh man. And coaches implement tad bits of the Princeton into their sets as well, but you don’t see any teams adhering strictly to the principles of that offense and that offense only, which was my point......again, disingenuous.

The triangle hasn’t nor will be the primary offense of any team period. Yet lone one that aspires to win championships.....unless another MJ/MJ archetype falls out the sky. Period
The Triangle has been successful at every level international, collegiate, NBA period.

MJ didn’t win shyt before or after the Triangle and neither did any other star that played under it and he would have never won shyt playing iso ball with Doug Collins.

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
The Triangle has been successful at every level international, collegiate, NBA period.

MJ didn’t win shyt before or after the Triangle and neither did any other star that played under it and he would have never won shyt playing iso ball with Doug Collins.
That is just as much speculation as me saying he would have eventually won a few with Doug. You don’t know that with certainty, even tho the natural progression was trending that way seeing as they were the only team that even won a game yet alone two against the eventual champ in the ‘89 playoff.....but that’s beside the point. If these other coaches and gms in the NBA, I repeat, in the NBA figured that offense to be as magnanimous as you claim it to be, it never would’ve died out coincidentally with the MJ archetype. I mean why would an offense that won 11 championships die out? Makes zero sense.

And I don’t care about the success it has had in these other inferior leagues...it’d be the equivalent of me bringing up Kobe’s state hs championships or MJs collegiate one. That has no bearings on the NBA