Men with kids: Your Cup of Tea or Nah?

DazednTranslation

Sweatpants + No Print= Failure
Daps
While browsing the forums, I stumbled upon
Single mothers are equivalent to broke nikkas. :yeshrug:

With me being a single mom myself, a statement like this would clearly have me jumping on the defensive. But the reality is that A LOT of men actually have that perspective towards women with children from prior relationships..

So ladies, are we just as bad? What are your opinions of dating men with kids?

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
He'd be starting at a disadvantage. Probably starting off as a -2 or less on the scale before I know anything else about him, not a deal breaker but he has to be extra special for me to be okay with it :yeshrug:

DazednTranslation

Sweatpants + No Print= Failure
Daps
He'd be starting at a disadvantage. Probably starting off as a -2 or less on the scale before I know anything else about him, not a deal breaker but he has to be extra special for me to be okay with it :yeshrug:

I was the same way. Then I started to mainly go for guys with kids (depending on the situation).
They seem to be more relatable oppose to people my age who aren't use to being around kids.

Daps
i never understood why men are so damn angry at single mothers especially since their mom, sister(s), aunt(s), cousins are likely to be one. its strange to me.

anyway i don't have kids but tried dating someone with kids 2xs and both times it was a fxking disaster, manly because these guys allowed their exs to dictate everything they did and held the custody thing over their head (you'll never see your kid again type threats). one guy i told him straight up that he should go to family court and request a hearing because the demands being made were not logical or legal. demands were made such as not dating me although she had all types of guys around her kid and i made a point to never to be around the child or the child support issue where she was demanding 80% of his check to care for the house hold because she didn't want to work.

anyway both situations put a huge strain on the relationship and i just dipped. it was clear there was a lot of angry between the 2 parents and i as fed up being put in the middle when the situation had nothing to do with me.

while i really don't want to date men with kids i am finding that as i get older it gets harder and harder to find childless men. so with that said i wouldn't totally diss a single dad like dudes on here diss single mothers but i would proceed with extra caution

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
While browsing the forums, I stumbled upon

With me being a single mom myself, a statement like this would clearly have me jumping on the defensive. But the reality is that A LOT of men actually have that perspective towards women with children from prior relationships..

So ladies, are we just as bad? What are your opinions of dating men with kids?

Kids and everything that comes along with dating someone with kids just isnt a good look for someone with no kids and no thirst.

I always think about if the roles were reversed would this woman fukk with me? If the answer is no, I'm not gonna take her seriously. I'm not gonna sit here and toot my own horn but I'm far from undesirable and I dont have any kids running around. So me dating a woman with kids would be dating down. That's equal to a woman who has her shyt together taking a broke nikka seriously. It's just not gonna happen very often. Welcome to life.:yeshrug:

I do hope you find a real man that will love your angels like they're his own.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No. It was a couple weeks ago i met a guy while i was walking. We traded numbers and went from there. I considered giving him a chance until he told me he had 3 kids. I may be shallow but if the roles were reversed. Im sure they would feel the same way.

Not to mention. I consider certain factors such as how old you are, if you were divorced or widowed or out of wedlock. Etc.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
never again. or at least until ive gone through menopause

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I don't hold it against people who say they wouldn't date a single parent. It's their preference :yeshrug: and the situation does bring extra even if the parents of the child are mature or the other parent isn't in the picture. Even though a lot of things said about it on here are stereotypes and misconceptions, it's honestly not going to be a regular dating/relationship because of the kid(s). But yea some of the stuff said on here :mjlol:

Of course I wouldn't mind depending on the situation. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker.