Meteorologist Fired After Remarks About Nurses On Twitter

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm a male nurse. Nothing gay about it.

As a nurse the highest priority is carrying out doctor orders. A normal patient load is 5 patients per nurse. Patients and their families never stop to consider that. It's not about being lazy it's really how much time do I have and will it get it the way of me carrying out md orders.

:dame:

I hear what you sayin homie but I’d personal prefer a sexy thick chocolate woman nurse :shaq:

But then I wake up from that dream and realize most nurses :flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick: so you right, it’s about the one who can administer the best care but I ain’t tryin to hear all of that shyt...

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
People be mad at Nurses, because they don’t act like everyone’s situation is a life or death situation...which in most cases it ain’t.

I work in a rural hospital laboratory, so you’re right there with them When shyt goes down with the ER nurses and they get it to and do what they can...imma tell you, if you see enough death it kinda numbs you other trauma even if you don’t think you notice it.

:yeshrug:

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
It's Nurses Week too...May 6th-12th.

People always think nurses have so much free time. When I worked on the floor, I usually worked through my lunch break to chart. What's changed for nurses is they have increased our responsibility and added a bunch of charting while not increasing the support staff (2 CNAs for 30+ patients???). If you forgo your charting so you can tend to your patients...you have to stay late to finish your charting. If you stay late to finish your charting, you get approached by the manager...because money.

It's a lose-lose situation. Glad I don't work on the floor anymore.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I'm a male nurse. Nothing gay about it.

As a nurse the highest priority is carrying out doctor orders. A normal patient load is 5 patients per nurse. Patients and their families never stop to consider that. It's not about being lazy it's really how much time do I have and will it get it the way of me carrying out md orders.

I'm work mostly night shift / 12 hour nights in long term care, long term acute care, physical rehab, personal care, vent/dialysis, or med/surge.

In those units I have anywhere from 8 - 50 patients I'm responsible for per shift.

People have no idea how much time and attention to detail this takes. ... basically u have to prioritize shyt.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
It's Nurses Week too...May 6th-12th.

People always think nurses have so much free time. When I worked on the floor, I usually worked through my lunch break to chart. What's changed for nurses is they have increased our responsibility and added a bunch of charting while not increasing the support staff (2 CNAs for 30+ patients???). If you forgo your charting so you can tend to your patients...you have to stay late to finish your charting. If you stay late to finish your charting, you get approached by the manager...because money.

It's a lose-lose situation. Glad I don't work on the floor anymore.

Exactly.

I worked over at the Hershey Med Center rehab a while back.

12 hour day shift. 630a to 7pm

Didn't leave till abt 830p because u have to finish charting. There's is set up where u pretty much assess every body system regardless of their admit diagnosis. :facepalm:

And being a contract nurse that doesn't get a great orientation makes even harder.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
I'm work mostly night shift / 12 hour nights in long term care, long term acute care, physical rehab, personal care, vent/dialysis, or med/surge.

In those units I have anywhere from 8 - 50 patients I'm responsible for per shift.

People have no idea how much time and attention to detail this takes. ... basically u have to prioritize shyt.
The maximum ive had for nights is 7 but I've heard of one nurse taking care of 30 in rural areas.