MGK says his beef with Eminem is why his last hip hop album flopped

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
The "Bloody Valentine" singer opened up in Interview Magazine about feeling misunderstood prior to the release of his 2020 album "Tickets to my Downfall." Speaking with Dave Franco in an interview published Friday, Kelly explained that although he was proud of his 2019 album "Hotel Diablo," he attributes its lack of critical praise to the "infamous beef" with Eminem.
"As a hip-hop album, ("Diablo" is) flawless front to back, and also a hint at the evolution of how I went into a pop-punk album. But it was coming off the tail-end of that infamous beef (with Eminem). So no one wanted to give it the time of day," Kelly said.

I thought yall said he won the beef
:mjgrin:

He ended up changing genres
Machine_Gun_Kelly_-_Tickets_to_My_Downfall.png

:dead::dead:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Em wants to be the only popular white rapper, and that’s known :manny:even had MGK switching genres to sell records. That Hotel Diablo album was really good but didn’t stick. Let’s not act like he didn’t blackball other artists he beefed with or had any other bad interaction with them.

Last edited:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I thought yall said he won the beef
:mjgrin:

He ended up changing genres
Machine_Gun_Kelly_-_Tickets_to_My_Downfall.png

:dead::dead:

He was brave to stand up to Em. Even earned a reply.

But then he panicked, changed music genres, and became a home wrecker. Took that Megan actress from her three kid family with the 90210 guy.

Mgk is on some frightening steez.

Good luck tho!

Eminem is focused and sold millions of his hip hop album in 2020 that Redman gave daps to.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
His rock album(didn't listen, sounds corny, all his rap music is terrible and corny, so I assume the same for Rock) sold incredibly well, so I think he's alright

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll acting like MGK was ever huge. His beef with Eminem was the most buzz he ever had as a rapper. How did he get blackballed when he wasn't exactly on to begin with. I remember when he had the "Wildboy" joint and had an Eminem "Recovery" type joint playing in HTC phone commercials. Nothing else since then until the Eminem beef.