MGK says his beef with Eminem is why his last hip hop album flopped

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Ya'll acting like MGK was ever huge. His beef with Eminem was the most buzz he ever had as a rapper. How did he get blackballed when he wasn't exactly on to begin with. I remember when he had the "Wildboy" joint and had an Eminem "Recovery" type joint playing in HTC phone commercials. Nothing else since then until the Eminem beef.
MGK has been on a lot of other rappers albums and mixtapes...

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Ya'll acting like MGK was ever huge. His beef with Eminem was the most buzz he ever had as a rapper. How did he get blackballed when he wasn't exactly on to begin with. I remember when he had the "Wildboy" joint and had an Eminem "Recovery" type joint playing in HTC phone commercials. Nothing else since then until the Eminem beef.

MGK was the next white rapper to be popular.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

I always loved this song. One of the theme songs for WrestleMania XXVIII also. :ohlawd: :wow:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I gave him his props for holding his own, I gave him a look before he was even signed, no hate for him as an artist really but that project flopped because it was wack. If it was about Eminem he wouldn't be selling now either, he ain't somehow more immune to whatever Em's influence is on his career just because he switches genres. Truth of the matter is, he's smartly branching out to movies and to punk rock because that might just be what more people are interested in from him.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
No he wasn't. Several white rappers since Eminem have been a bigger deal than MGK.

Like who? Only white dude i know about that was trying to be pushed as the next great white hope was Yelawolf. Bubba Sparxx & Paul Wall also had a decent following.