MI governor calls for free community college/trade school at state address

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They need to give everybody $35k and teach them how to trade the stock market, then we'll see who comes out on top. Don't waste money on sending anybody to school that doesn't want to go.

But they don't want people to realize what's going on. They don't want people to be independent.
undercapitalized. Not worth it for lackluster gains.

stocks are a horrible idea if you arent walking into the game with hundreds of thousands . The returns are not worth giving the capital to people. Oppourtunity cost is too high. On avg, that stock trader would be lucky to make 10% per year if they did nothing and put it inton an index fund. If they tried being the wolf of wallstreet, their returns are almost garunteed to underperform the market at a sub 10% return. A disgustingly small outlier of people beat the market consistently. At most, the taxpayer's 35000 is going to generate 3500 for the year at that 10% rate in the long term

Now compare that 3500 dollars on a 35k investment to only tiny 6k investment into an nursing lpn course, an ASE auto cert, or a CDL program. The investment in the education will take a 25-35k uneducated person to 50k, yeilding more than 4000% return. This is a much more efficent use of public funds than giving everyone a brokerage account to make chump change.

Ideally, you would only turn to the stock market once you have maxed the amount you can earn from your own labor, and need more streams of income,. The target demographic of the governor's plan is very very very far from maxing out their earning potential.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
undercapitalized. Not worth it for lackluster gains.

stocks are a horrible idea if you arent walking into the game with hundreds of thousands . The returns are not worth giving the capital to people. Oppourtunity cost is too high. On avg, that stock trader would be lucky to make 10% per year if they did nothing and put it inton an index fund. If they tried being the wolf of wallstreet, their returns are almost garunteed to underperform the market at a sub 10% return. A disgustingly small outlier of people beat the market consistently. At most, the taxpayer's 35000 is going to generate 3500 for the year at that 10% rate in the long term

Now compare that 3500 dollars on a 35k investment to only tiny 6k investment into an nursing lpn course, an ASE auto cert, or a CDL program. The investment in the education will take a 25-35k uneducated person to 50k, yeilding more than 4000% return. This is a much more efficent use of public funds than giving everyone a brokerage account to make chump change.

Ideally, you would only turn to the stock market once you have maxed the amount you can earn from your own labor, and need more streams of income,. The target demographic of the governor's plan is very very very far from maxing out their earning potential.

The indoctrinated leading the indoctrinated.

All right breh, you're talking to somebody that's doing it.

I know that's a big lie.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The indoctrinated leading the indoctrinated.

All right breh, you're talking to somebody that's doing it.

I know that's a big lie.
Outlier. The avg person is not beating the market. You can't plan public policy on outliers. Hell, professional fund managers on Wall Street struggke to consistently beat the market . And they certainly aren't getting the 4000% returns that a cert or associates would get a normal person with no education.

Link->

The yearly returns just aren't high enough to warrant public investment in individual brokerage accounts . It's a waste of money. Education is a higher yielding investment.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Outlier. The avg person is not beating the market. You can't plan public policy on outliers. Hell, professional fund managers on Wall Street struggke to consistently beat the market . And they certainly aren't getting the 4000% returns that a cert or associates would get a normal person with no education.

The yearly returns just aren't high enough to warrant public investment in individual brokerage accounts . It's a waste of money. Education is a higher yielding investment.

Breh, stop.

Anybody on here could do it if they were willing to learn and were taught the truth.

You've been too brainwashed by the system.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
I live in Michigan and I'm already benefiting from this

The state is paying for my associates in Industrial Maintenance

My company hires maintenance people at 39 dollars an hour not including 3rd shift and weekend premiums:blessed:

Not bad for someone like me that only graduated high school :manny:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
This is nice a gesture, but with one of the lowest minimum wages in the country and a hostile climate most of these young kids are gonna be moving once they graduate.

The infrastructure in Michigan is on Alabama/Mississippi levels of awful. The time zone for some reason is eastern instead of central, which means everybody going to work before 730 operates in complete darkness. I didn't realize how bad that was til I lived in Florida, 7am the sun is beaming. Here it's 730 am, pitch black 25 degrees and the wind is howling. Then you gotta dodge craters while driving trying not to slip and spinout on ice.

Confederate flags are in abundance more than they should be once you go 20 minutes outside the metro areas, and the white people who aren't drug addicts act like they've never seen a black person before. Rochester Hills is where that little black kid was shot cause they got lost and knocked on someone's door, that was supposed to be a safe city in the richest county.

This is a good program, but Michigan has some work to do If they actually want to retain the talent that graduates.

Fix the roads

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Detroit residents already get free community college

The way the school i work it does it is we make it a requirement to fill out in order to graduate. Even if they are not going to college, joining the armed forces or taking a gap year. They still have to fill out the Detroit Promise.

How many people take advantage of it?
How quickly do they get jobs?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How many people take advantage of it?
How quickly do they get jobs?
I dont know the stats to that. At my school with the kids I work with. The "high achievers" who don't go away to school def do. Particularly at our community and universities. The trade school push Gretch is pushing for is good. Although there are definitely some free tuition there in certain fields for trade schools. Alot our girls go into cosmetology as well.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
How much the trades pay on average in Michigan.

Construction and Extraction Occupations157,480$20.00$24.94$32.84
Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations167,810$18.36$23.69$30.73
Production Occupations438,970$16.70$19.02$24.99
Transportation and Material Moving Occupations377,950$14.71$17.94$23.33

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I live in Michigan and I'm already benefiting from this

The state is paying for my associates in Industrial Maintenance

My company hires maintenance people at 39 dollars an hour not including 3rd shift and weekend premiums:blessed:

Not bad for someone like me that only graduated high school :manny:
That’s dope breh :salute: