MI governor calls for free community college/trade school at state address

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I like this, I think it needs to be the standard. Just an extension of high school really. I love the Trades aspect of it especially.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Free trade school might go crazy especially bc you could still go to university afterwards

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
That would turn into one of the largest billionaire giveaways in history in short order. 99% of people are better off having their money in a 401k/401b for educators and/or Roth IRAs than doing any sort of trading.

Did you read the statement.
If they actually told the truth about the stock market, and people truly knew how it worked they would know how to maneuver in it.

But we know they won't, and they won't be giving away any money/reparations either.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
There might be a big financial argument in favor of it that she can pitch, and the fact that it is narrowed to community colleges somewhat soft caps the costs. If she said free university education and that included all institutions, it would be a no-fly zone in that piece. Considering Community colleges teach white collar and blue collar curriculums that are the backbone of the workforce, this might be the most incredible proposal the citizens have seen in some time.

Yep, and if I'm not mistaken community colleges already get a considerable amount of funding from the federal government as it is.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
d08c76b5-4274-4e75-ac53-5065dd217d89-whitmer_buffs.png
Big Buff Gretch :wow:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Did you read the statement.
If they actually told the truth about the stock market, and people truly knew how it worked they would know how to maneuver in it.

But we know they won't, and they won't be giving away any money/reparations either.
How about you stop being vague and tell everyone how it really works.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm no economist
But providing a path for people to gain good paying jobs and education has to greatly outweigh the cost of homelessness, crime etc.

So does forgiving loans, the disposable income will be redirected and pumped into the economy. Both would benefit the economy in the long run.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Detroit residents already get free community college

The way the school i work it does it is we make it a requirement to fill out in order to graduate. Even if they are not going to college, joining the armed forces or taking a gap year. They still have to fill out the Detroit Promise.

the rest of the state will benefit