Michael B. Jordan to star in another Thomas Crown Affair Remake

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
EXCLUSIVE: MGM wants more of its Creed star Michael B. Jordan. The company has attached him to star in a remake of The Thomas Crown Affair, the 1968 Norman Jewison-directed film that starred Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. It’s early days, but what a step up for Jordan, who has grown up onscreen in The Wire and Friday Night Lights, and really came of age in the Ryan Coogler hit boxing film opposite Sylvester Stallone.

Thomas Crown Affair got a remake back in 1999, one that starred Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo. A debonair, adventuresome bank executive believes he has pulled off the perfect multimillion-dollar heist, only to match wits with a sexy insurance investigator who will do anything to get her man.

MGM Attaching 'Creed's Michael B. Jordan To 'Thomas Crown Affair' Redo

So I'm conflicted on this. On one hand, this is a big move for Michael and a great look. Beyond a great look. He gets to play the leading man who just so happens to be a rich guy who just gets bored and want to see if he can pull off this heist. He gets to play a lead black character who's on top of his game, a business man, and lives well.

Now on the other hand, they've already remade this once and while I'm sure most the audience for this won't give a shyt or even know about the Pierce Brosnan flick, still :patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The PB version is not forgotten

I'd say forgotten in the sense that no one is shouting to the hills its greatness. It's not like when they decided to remake halloween or friday the 13th or texas chainsaw massacre etc. It's not a "hollowed ground" flick that people speak about in hushed tones.