Michael B. Jordan to star in another Thomas Crown Affair Remake

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Never saw the movie as after I saw the previews with Pierce Brosnan and Renee Russo I automatically wrote it off as The Thomas Cac Affair, but after reading a brief synopsis I'm definitely interested in a MBJ version, with the right cast around him this could be legit

Breh..you love movies. Do yourself a favor and watch it. Watch the McQueen version too, which I've heard is a lot more heady and deals with some themes

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'll probably catch it now. Just at the time it didn't interest me. If it's on Netflix I'll actually end up watching it over the weekend

It does get a little :coffee: in the middle though just a warning.

I was interested at the time because I'm a Bond fanatic and he was Bond so somehow, i convinced moms to take me and two of my friends to see it.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It does get a little :coffee: in the middle though just a warning.

I was interested at the time because I'm a Bond fanatic and he was Bond so somehow, i convinced moms to take me and two of my friends to see it.

I actually thought it was some off shoot of Bond back then. I know the marketing definitely played up the familiarity with the series.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I actually thought it was some off shoot of Bond back then. I know the marketing definitely played up the familiarity with the series.

They definitely played that. That's the main reason I wanted to see it. James Bond being James Bond elsewhere? I'm sold

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This is literally the first place where I've ever seen anyone praise the Pierce Brosnan Thomas Crown Affair movie. :russ:

Seriously, the only reason I ever see people bring that movie up is to mock the hilariously overdone product placement.

bytch was chugging down that Pepsi like she'd been wandering through a desert for the past six weeks.:mjlol:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Shyt is gone come out looking like a rom com

Outside of fruitvale station his acting skills are mediocre

unpopular opinion but this movie will fail, dude can only play roles against an urban backdrop in all the work where he's got critical acclaim, wire, fruitvale, creed he was just asked to play it "blackedy black" gruff, screw face e.t.c anytime he's asked to do any other sort of role he falters you can see through his act in chronicle, awkward moment where he's basically playing a coconut.

He's not suave and his diction isn't the best to pull off a character like this. If they make it a comedy and give it a hip hop makeover then what's the point?

:camby: At you nikkas saying Michael B. Jordan can't act. I'm watching Season 3, episode 2 of "Parenthood" right now.

:mjcry: I literally almost teared-up when he explains to his PAWG, what it was like growing up when he was getting in trouble & was a Alcoholic.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Never saw any of the original films, but if I'm Michael B Jordan I'm talking to the casting agents and handing them a possible list of co-stars including

Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Haley Atwell
Hannah Simone
Nathalie Emmanuel

Yeah, they might not get cast but it couldn't hurt to do some chemistry reads :takedat: