Michael Irvin says he was happiest playing football in college because he was broke

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I didn’t make it (computer science classes fukked me up) but I have been around those people which is why I’m speaking on it

If we’re talking only DOS then most young DOS males don’t even attend college where I’m from. Most do trades, get into fields like trucking or take the IT route. College requires generational wealth that we don’t have and it requires a mindset that many of our parents/guardians failed to instill in us at a young age
It's cool, one failure is a learning experience, I failed a lot myself but I learned from it.

I agree but it's not many of us. It's a good number but nothing to say, this is our field. What I noticed we did more than others is web and IT support. We were deep in that field. I got a lot of nikkas who do it. Make good money to with a nice schedule but you gotta work and of course get that A+. But I will say this, I would like to see more brothas in cybersecurity. If you are in college, a lot of good orgs are free, especially the Blacks ones. It's legit for students

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ain’t no fukkin data.

Did white supremacy stop nikkas from dropping out of high school?

Did it stop them from going to college or getting a GED?

Did it stop them from getting a trade?

Every setback I’ve ever had was cause of my own doing. Got kicked out of a HBCU cause of my own dumbass mistakes.

And I got my shyt together without the help of anyone black or white.

Stop blaming other folks for our failures. There are plenty of opportunities out there but some folks would rather sit around smoke all day & try to find a quick come up instead of grinding and working for it.

I don't necessarily disagree, but you can't deny the fact that as a whole we do have to work harder than our counterparts.

But I'm not one to play the victim either, own up to your fukkups and grind hinder. Yes, it's gonna be harder being black so you can't squander the few opportunities you have. I never wanted to live my life having regrets, so I made sure I did what I had to do even if took longer and was harder. nikkaz that squander their opportunities and get mad at everybody without lookin in the mirror get no sympathy from me. Get your mind right and try harder. Might have to do some shyt you might not wanna do short term, but you gotta look long term. You don't have white privilege to fall back on.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You mean people who are going for degrees that will put them in the high 80's when they graduate from school have to work a shytload? Well yea homie, that's how it goes. I will stand firm that school is not comparable to adult work life, unless you have extenuating circumstances.
The less I work, the more I get paid. That's been my career path but the more I get paid, the more experience and skills I need to be success.

You can't skip the room floor as a Black person but when you get to the skybox, it's nice.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don't necessarily disagree, but you can't deny the fact that as a whole we do have to work harder than our counterparts.

But I'm not one to play the victim either, own up to your fukkups and grind hinder. Yes, it's gonna be harder being black so you can't squander the few opportunities you have. I never wanted to live my life having regrets, so I made sure I did what I had to do even if took longer and was harder. nikkaz that squander their opportunities and get mad at everybody without lookin in the mirror get no sympathy from me. Get your mind right and try harder. Might have to do some shyt you might not wanna do short term, but you gotta look long term. You don't have white privilege to fall back on.
I squander so many opportunities but it worked out.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
With regards to the stages of life...I was happiest in High School compared to my 3 phases of life and it's not close. The least responsible years along with the least expectations of me. I was a 3sport star athlete who was carefree and loved. Drove a new mustang so all the females was on me extra hard. Studies were simpler too.

In college, as a 2 sport scholarship athlete, I started to feel the pressures of performing. No longer was there the Innocence of expectations being low like High School. It was as if you were getting paid to perform. Also, I had to work extra hard on my studies because at the time I was chasing Law School and I knew I couldn't Slack in the classroom. While College was fun as hell, it wasn't like High School simply due to personal expectations and the fear of the future. Also would Sports there was a lot more pressure because I was harder on myself then and couldn't rely all natural Talent anymore

My post-collegiate twenties were characterized by finding an identity for myself and finding myself in life. I travelled, I partied more than most still and I made good money. But as life continues, everyday you wake up with expectations, tasks, goals and purpose. In the days of high school I woke up really not giving a fukk:yeshrug: in comparison

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Good shyt breh. Gotta have that drive to do it when that happens
Damn right, I thank my dad for that. He had me write 350 small companies in Atlanta. The letter stated do you need talent for an internship or apprenticeship with XnX skills. I got 349 no's. My one yes flopped and it wasn't for me skill set wise. But it taught me how to really take the job hunt seriously and experience taught me how to advertise my skills.

Last edited:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Facts!!!!! I make great money but I don't even have time to enjoy it like that

Yeah a lot of my friends are lawyers. I have a friend who legit can't go out for a weekend without worrying about a deal going down that he needs to work on. One of my homies works for the NBA, he's responsible for running league pass app and what not......dude is miserable because he has to work all the time.

Unless you're in the entertainment industry (and the stress of that is never really having a stable life) you'll find yourself in the rat race never really truly having freedom.