Michael Jordan Shut Down Idris Elba's Request To Play Him Biopic; Once again, “No N….”

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
50 Cent’s movie was fictional, loosely based on his background and it was trash. They got some Irish guy to direct it which was terrible.

Mike Tyson has had many documentaries but not an actually biographical film like Ray or Ali… so I don’t know what you’re talking about there.

Michael Jackson’s bipoic had Flex Washington to play him. The results?

ldpxj1ynnqn61.jpg

2200 Jackson street was good but it focused on the whole Jackson family, not just him.

So now would be a perfect time for a Jordan biopic, especially after the Last Dance.

Interesting fact, Terence Winter wrote and produced the 50 Cent movie. He was also a writer on Sopranos. Movie was so terrible he even made fun of it on the show.

Christopher says: “I got that 50 cent movie in the car. They were giving away for free at the car wash” :mjlol:

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Interesting fact, Terence Winter wrote and produced the 50 Cent movie. He was also a writer on Sopranos. Movie was so terrible he even made fun of it on the show.

Christopher says: “I got that 50 cent movie in the car. They were giving away for free at the car wash” :mjlol:
I’m not surprised. I was looking forward to the movie before it came out. Got the soundtrack and everything. Once I saw it was the Irish director of “My Left Foot”… I knew it wasn’t gonna be shyt. You can’t go from directing Daniel Day Lewis to 50 on his acting debut.

They tried to use the 8 Mile formula but it didn’t work.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
50 Cent’s movie was fictional, loosely based on his background and it was trash. They got some Irish guy to direct it which was terrible.

Mike Tyson has had many documentaries but not an actually biographical film like Ray or Ali… so I don’t know what you’re talking about there.

Michael Jackson’s bipoic had Flex Washington to play him. The results?

ldpxj1ynnqn61.jpg

2200 Jackson street was good but it focused on the whole Jackson family, not just him.

So now would be a perfect time for a Jordan biopic, especially after the Last Dance.
I highly doubt the Tyson one was authorized. No way in hell the MJ one was, don't even think they had the music rights for that bullshyt.

There was already an authorized MJ bio, starring the guy from the Shield that ended up killing his wife.
This response is mainly to @ThrobbingHood but applies to both;
The 50 Cent movie was not "loosely" based on his background, any claims of such are based on the fact that real street figures are being portrayed and he's attempting to duck the snitch label.

Tyson had a TV film in 95 while he was still boxing

The Jackson Family had a biopic while Mike and Janet were still the biggest stars on the planet, and while you don't like it, yes the other movie. Whether you found them good or bad, the movies existed.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Never knew this. How an elite writer turned in that piece of shyt movie

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Now that I can post after years of lurking…Always found it weird that cats adopted the Mediafakeout clickbait style headlines. Always weird to see nobody checks it and cats will just post for pages about a completely made up premise.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As great as MJ was, a biopic about him is going to suck.
Because there's no way Jordan will sign off on any deep dive on the controversial or darker part of his life. Even The Last Dance was carefully manicured to portray MJ in the best light. He had final sign-off on it.

And a movie would be the same thing.

In my mind, it's the same reason I didn't watch the Queen movie "Bohemian Rhapsody". Sacha Baron Cohen wanted to play Freddie Mercury and cover all the scandalous parts of Mercury's life. The drug use, the homosexuality, all of it. But Brian May and others wouldn't have it. So Cohen let it go and what resulted was a mediocre movie with Queen's hit songs. Boring.

A Michael Jordan movie would almost certainly be the same way. It would lack the depth and grit that make stories interesting.

You know which athlete should have a biopic or a limited series? Barry Bonds. Because that guy's life has been amazing. And I'd be very curious to learn more about his childhood and youth before he got into the Major Leagues.

Dude who played Borat:gucci:?

Seems like a clown to me. In no way shape or form would anybody of intelligence allow him to handle the more "delicate:picard:" details of their past. He would probably just make a bunch of jokes out of it. But then again you shouldve thought about your legacy before fukking other men:francis:

Times like this you miss Chadwick,if we needed a biopic done we always had a guy:mjcry:

I couldve seen a younger Idris Elba playing this role. I would say Damson Idris now,but the voice too high. Maybe the dude from Atlanta and Judas and The Black Messiah. Might need to get a little darker,but I think hes fairly tall

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
OP implied MJ just gave him a hard no. All he said was he's not ready for that yet which is understandable