Michael: The Michael Jackson Biopic from Antoine Fuqua, Starring Jaafar Jackson | April 18, 2025

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The Marley movie just tried to do that, focus on a certain period in someone's life, but it was still too much to cover.

The Marley movie's problem was they tried to have it both ways. Focus on the making of Exodus but also flashback to other points in his life/career. They should have focused strictly on the Exodus era

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Thank goodness Fuqua is directing to give it a cinematic flair/swerve.

Causing seeing images like this would give me 2pac movie vibes if it was a lesser director. Just recreating a bunch of familiar images but no real story.

Can't lie I think Spike Lee would have crushed it if he made this film as well.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Causing seeing images like this would give me 2pac movie vibes if it was a lesser director. Just recreating a bunch of familiar images but no real story.

I think musical movies are usually better when they don’t have an over the top cinematic style. Older musicals had less cuts and crazy camera angles than modern musicals and that let the performances shine on their own. That extra stuff usually makes everything feel too unreal and perfect.

But this will probably turn out well

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Spike would have done BRILLIANTLY but it would have been too “black” for the mainstream. Spike would have definitely delved into the racism that created such circumstances for Joe to have to utilize his sons to get the family out of the ghetto.