Michael: The Michael Jackson Biopic from Antoine Fuqua, Starring Jaafar Jackson | April 18, 2025

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
ulHqceO.jpg
Nikka look like Orochimaru from Naruto :russ:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Hope this never gets off the ground.
Mike is god. Cant boil his life to a shytty biopic. Too many things and situations that shaped Mike that you can't skip over.
Nothing and nobody will ever do it justice and with Mike being the perfectionist that he was it doesn't feel right putting something out there about him without his signing off on it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hope this never gets off the ground.
Mike is god. Cant boil his life to a shytty biopic. Too many things and situations that shaped Mike that you can't skip over.
Nothing and nobody will ever do it justice and with Mike being the perfectionist that he was it doesn't feel right putting something out there about him without his signing off on it.

Its DEFINITELY getting off the ground. They’ve been working on this for the last five years and have the full support of the Jackson estate. Its happening…

Whether it SHOULD happen is the debate. A standard biopic is doomed to fail but it looks like thats what they’re pushing.

I wish to GOD Spike Lee got his hands on this. I GUARANTEE he wouldn’t make it a standard biopic he’d find a point in Michael’s life (preferably a high point) to leave off and give the film the time and breathing room it needs to explore what made Mike tick.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
At the end of the day this film is going to come down to the script and the star. The producing team behind Bohemian Rhapsody is also working on this film and the guy who wrote The Aviator is writing the script. Personally I think its a problem having a white writer weaving the history of the greatest BLACK performer who ever walked the earth and the uniquely AFRICAN AMERICAN challenges that Michael and his entire family faced getting out of Gary, Indiana. But I guess we’ll see.

More than likely they’ll get an unknown for the role or somebody whose been bubbling under the radar with a few credits here and there.

I also am wary of the traditional “Biopic” formula they seem to be going with. Its what sunk the Whitney movie. These people’s lives are simply TOO bombastic for a two and a half hour film. Michael Jackson’s career could literally be a trilogy of movies with everything that needs to be touched upon.

1). Humble beginnings in Gary, Indiana. The struggles Joe and Kate faced raising a family of NINE KIDS in the ghetto. Formation of the Jackson 5. The YEARS they spent grinding on the chitlin circuit BEFORE they even got to the Apollo. The first initial record deal with Steeltown records. Meeting up with Bobby Day & The Vancouvers. The audition for Suzanne De Passe. Signing to Motown. Cutting the first three singles. Joe becoming the legal guardian of Johnny Jackson (Drummer) and Ronnie Rancifer (Keyboard) moving them out to Encino and ultimately firing and abandoning them. The Jacksons becoming a worldwide phenomena

2). Joe and Barry Gordy’s fraught relationship and battle for control over the group. Joe showing favoritism towards Jermaine’s relationship with Hazel Gordy while shytting on the other brother’s wives and girlfriends (which had an impact on the way Michael viewed relationships and media scrutiny) the brothers running through hoes (which had an impact on the way Michael viewed sex and intimacy) Michael having to deal with both a solo career and the lead member of the group. Michael desperately wanting to write and produce his own music, which led to the Jacksons departing for CBS.

3). Michael striking out on his own after filming The Wiz and meeting Quincy Jones. The Off The Wall era. Thriller being born from the White Media ignoring the massive success of Off The Wall and Rolling Stone refusing to put him on the cover. The massive success. 8 Grammy wins. Fake relationship with Brook Shields. The Pepsi burning incident. Michael and Frank Dileo’s relationship and how Frank tried his damndest to alienate MJ from his brothers. Motown 25. The Victory tour. Michael’s addiction to both plastic surgery and pain pills stemming from that burning incident. Michael increasingly isolating himself from everybody but children. The Bad era. The Dangerous era. Molestation charges. Michael actually overdosing on pills once and entering rehab. HIStory era and comeback. Two failed marriages. His own children. Fraught relationship with Sony. Mottola sabotaging the marketing for Invincible because MJ wouldn’t reup with the label after discovering they’d screwed him out ownership of his Masters. The “blanket dangling” incident and how it was blown WAY out of proportion. The disastrous interview with Martin Skreli. Failed comeback attempts. This Is It Tour announcement. Death and impact.

And thats just the stuff we KNOW! You can’t TELL ME all of that will convincingly fit into a standard biopic narrative.

Michael’s biopic should be an A-list limited HBO series. 6 episodes running at an hour and a half. Its the only way in my opinion.
What is this Martin Skreli interview you speak of?

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the end of the day this film is going to come down to the script and the star. The producing team behind Bohemian Rhapsody is also working on this film and the guy who wrote The Aviator is writing the script. Personally I think its a problem having a white writer weaving the history of the greatest BLACK performer who ever walked the earth and the uniquely AFRICAN AMERICAN challenges that Michael and his entire family faced getting out of Gary, Indiana. But I guess we’ll see.

More than likely they’ll get an unknown for the role or somebody whose been bubbling under the radar with a few credits here and there.

I also am wary of the traditional “Biopic” formula they seem to be going with. Its what sunk the Whitney movie. These people’s lives are simply TOO bombastic for a two and a half hour film. Michael Jackson’s career could literally be a trilogy of movies with everything that needs to be touched upon.

1). Humble beginnings in Gary, Indiana. The struggles Joe and Kate faced raising a family of NINE KIDS in the ghetto. Formation of the Jackson 5. The YEARS they spent grinding on the chitlin circuit BEFORE they even got to the Apollo. The first initial record deal with Steeltown records. Meeting up with Bobby Day & The Vancouvers. The audition for Suzanne De Passe. Signing to Motown. Cutting the first three singles. Joe becoming the legal guardian of Johnny Jackson (Drummer) and Ronnie Rancifer (Keyboard) moving them out to Encino and ultimately firing and abandoning them. The Jacksons becoming a worldwide phenomena

2). Joe and Barry Gordy’s fraught relationship and battle for control over the group. Joe showing favoritism towards Jermaine’s relationship with Hazel Gordy while shytting on the other brother’s wives and girlfriends (which had an impact on the way Michael viewed relationships and media scrutiny) the brothers running through hoes (which had an impact on the way Michael viewed sex and intimacy) Michael having to deal with both a solo career and the lead member of the group. Michael desperately wanting to write and produce his own music, which led to the Jacksons departing for CBS.

3). Michael striking out on his own after filming The Wiz and meeting Quincy Jones. The Off The Wall era. Thriller being born from the White Media ignoring the massive success of Off The Wall and Rolling Stone refusing to put him on the cover. The massive success. 8 Grammy wins. Fake relationship with Brook Shields. The Pepsi burning incident. Michael and Frank Dileo’s relationship and how Frank tried his damndest to alienate MJ from his brothers. Motown 25. The Victory tour. Michael’s addiction to both plastic surgery and pain pills stemming from that burning incident. Michael increasingly isolating himself from everybody but children. The Bad era. The Dangerous era. Molestation charges. Michael actually overdosing on pills once and entering rehab. HIStory era and comeback. Two failed marriages. His own children. Fraught relationship with Sony. Mottola sabotaging the marketing for Invincible because MJ wouldn’t reup with the label after discovering they’d screwed him out ownership of his Masters. The “blanket dangling” incident and how it was blown WAY out of proportion. The disastrous interview with Martin Skreli. Failed comeback attempts. This Is It Tour announcement. Death and impact.

And thats just the stuff we KNOW! You can’t TELL ME all of that will convincingly fit into a standard biopic narrative.

Michael’s biopic should be an A-list limited HBO series. 6 episodes running at an hour and a half. Its the only way in my opinion.

I normally would wholeheartedly agree with the above. BUT, JOHN LOGAN is a GOD-LEVEL SCREENWRITER. He's up there with TONY GILROY.I believe he's done his homework on this. And he's someone I believe will bring NO AGENDA to the story. And I have no doubt, Antoine will bring in a top flight black screenwriter to do a polish on the script too.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I normally would wholeheartedly agree with the above. BUT, JOHN LOGAN is a GOD-LEVEL SCREENWRITER. He's up there with TONY GILROY.I believe he's done his homework on this. And he's someone I believe will bring NO AGENDA to the story. And I have no doubt, Antoine will bring in a top flight black screenwriter to do a polish on the script too.

Many would agree that Steven Spielberg is a “God Level” director and he took all the nuance out of The Color Purple and turned it into a black male bashing hate-fest.

The truth of the matter is that black stories belong with BLACK storytellers. The fact that they’re going with the standard biopic formula for a man whose career spanned FORTY YEARS is already a bad omen. Fuqua can only do so much but again we’ll see

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many would agree that Steven Spielberg is a “God Level” director and he took all the nuance out of The Color Purple and turned it into a black male bashing hate-fest.

The truth of the matter is that black stories belong with BLACK storytellers. The fact that they’re going with the standard biopic formula for a man whose career spanned FORTY YEARS is already a bad omen. Fuqua can only do so much but again we’ll see

I understand. But there's NO WAY Antoine would sign on to this, if it was shoddy work, or played into painting Mike into a terrible light.