Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So yall gonna buy and support devs now or continue with gamepass?
As long as the company makes Game Pass available I will continue with that. Its their business plan so they approve of it. As a consumer I do business with companies on the avenues they give me.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Man, ES6 needs to be fast tracked and it better be good. If they use that same washed up engine, oh boy.

Man if we don't get a ES6 and Fallout 5 :mjcry:

A new Fallout game is probably going to be released next year due to the success of the TV show.

Now whether this game is going to be good or a cash grab remains to be seen.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Not surprised. People don’t buy games anymore. Just the same old rehashed franchises. No point investing in studios like this, they are seen as a waste of money nowz

You can be sad about tango, you can think hifi rush was as dope as you want, at the end of the day…. No one bought the shyt.

As a collective, gamers have themselves to blame. We buy the same 8 franchises over and over again. Everything else is sent to die.

We are not as willing to try new things as we think.
Yeah that’s why it’s better for people to develop their own games now (I don’t mean normal people of course, I mean the usual suspects) game industry is turning into the music industry. If you got the knowledge and gear you can make your own heat and more profits

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I believe the idea he's going for is that taking advantage of the free games offered via PlayStation Plus is just as bad for developers as GamePass.
If a business offers a service deliberately how do you come up with the idea that what they intend for you to subscribe to is bad for them? Netflix bypasses home video and theater releases and just puts stuff on their service so is you subbing to their service bad for them? No that's the business model.

Tango screwed up not announcing and building anticipation for that game just making it a shadow drop. Game been on Game Pass since day 1 and plenty of people, myself included, never played it and don't really care to. It didn't move the needle.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I believe the idea he's going for is that taking advantage of the free games offered via PlayStation Plus is just as bad for developers as GamePass.
Older games that have had a release window? lol
Day one subscription releases was a moronic idea from the start