Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
If a business offers a service deliberately how do you come up with the idea that what they intend for you to subscribe to is bad for them? Netflix bypasses home video and theater releases and just puts stuff on their service so is you subbing to their service bad for them? No that's the business model.

Tango screwed up not announcing and building anticipation for that game just making it a shadow drop. Game been on Game Pass since day 1 and plenty of people, myself included, never played it and don't really care to. It didn't move the needle.
Nah, it wasn't Tango that shadow dropped the game. That was Microsoft and Bethesda's decision. They have final say. Something to placate the fans until Redfall came out.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Tango screwed up not announcing and building anticipation for that game just making it a shadow drop. Game been on Game Pass since day 1 and plenty of people, myself included, never played it and don't really care to. It didn't move the needle.

This is the job of the publisher.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
YEARS we been calling phil a joke on the coli...:mjlol:
I know I have but it feels like Xbox fans, at least from forums, have always given him the benefit of the doubt. Dude a flat out liar and terrible decision maker. I knew gamepass wasn't going to move the needle, because the Netflix model doesn't work in gaming imo.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Somehow this is probably still Mattrick's fault in some people's eyes. Phil Spencer is a complete hack and the gaming press plus XBox fanboys giving him a pass for over a decade is pathetic. That bozo still having a job is beyond privilege but why would he change when nobody has ever held him accountable?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Not surprised. People don’t buy games anymore. Just the same old rehashed franchises. No point investing in studios like this, they are seen as a waste of money nowz

You can be sad about tango, you can think hifi rush was as dope as you want, at the end of the day…. No one bought the shyt.

As a collective, gamers have themselves to blame. We buy the same 8 franchises over and over again. Everything else is sent to die.

We are not as willing to try new things as we think.
the 2 best selling games this year are game franchises you never heard of before :dead: this post makes no sense

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I know I have but it feels like Xbox fans, at least from forums, have always given him the benefit of the doubt. Dude a flat out liar and terrible decision maker. I knew gamepass wasn't going to move the needle, because the Netflix model doesn't work in gaming imo.

Easy to drag fans into the void when you promise a greater return that never arrives.

Dude should have been gone. Halo was the domino and granted, they did shuffle 343i in better hands, but the rest of their corporate strategy is the same and that needs to go. Chris Esaki sold everyone snake oil for Forza and they're just :yeshrug: about it.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Easy to drag fans into the void when you promise a greater return that never arrives.

Dude should have been gone. Halo was the domino and granted, they did shuffle 343i in better hands, but the rest of their corporate strategy is the same and that needs to go. Chris Esaki sold everyone snake oil for Forza and they're just :yeshrug: about it.
It's sad bc Xbox failing is terrible for the industry. It's fukked up bc I really wanted to enjoy games from both Sony and Microsoft. I own zero Xbox Series X games and have owned the console since 2021. Only reason I keep it is for my Xbox one and 360 back log

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Somehow this is probably still Mattrick's fault in some people's eyes. Phil Spencer is a complete hack and the gaming press plus XBox fanboys giving him a pass for over a decade is pathetic. That bozo still having a job is beyond privilege but why would he change when nobody has ever held him accountable?
People blame Mattrick for the xbox1 but look at why io was head of the game studios at that time.

dat used car salesman phil.

karma is a bytch and not booty is fukking him over as much as he fukked Mattrick.