Mike Epps "No matter how much money & power you get, this is not YOUR business."

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
lol and Mike Epps career = 3 funny movies with Ice Cube and thats it

And despite the hate Kevin Hart still let him appear on his show.

People always talk about how not-funny Kevin Hart is, but then big up dudes like Eddie Griffin, Mike Epps, Rickey Smiley, dudes who've been in the game for 15+ years and have like 5 funny moments between them. GTFOH. Kevin Hart isn't the greatest but he's damn sure better than most of these dudes who ya'll feel should be in spot..
But mike isnt being called the don. There's actually people out there comparing kevin to eddie murphy.
Kevin is the #1 black comedian popularity wise but he wack to me.
ANd the beef was motivated by him talking big boy shyt like he was that dude but he's really just a great hustler/mediocre comedian.
ANd no he's not any better than any of them nikkas,he's just getting the slot. He's not murking shyt though

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
The corniest thing to me is when these dudes work with these dudes before/after they go at them. If dude is so average why you goin' on his show? nikka know damn well if Kev invited him to co-star in Ride Along 15 he'd be right there. The "real nikkas only have 10 followers" crap was straight salty, bitter, delusion. So does that mean everyone who has fewer fans than him is realer than him? He's a pretty big star in his own right. I don't get how career is off limits. If some less famous cat came at Mike that would be the first thing he'd go to. Everyday nikkas take it there.

If Kevin is stealing jokes, that is fukked up. The reality is he still had to get to a certain level to even be able to do that and something tells me that Mike and Aries have more of an issue with him getting to that level than the foul shyt they claim he's doing. I wanna know what jokes is he stealing. His whole set is about family members and his relationships.
Mike even said on the sway show that he wants to get Kevin in the Richard Pryor movie just so Kevin can help market it lol, I think mike is funnier than Kevin hart, but he still being a hater.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like kevin hart has a comedian, but I can't rock with mike epps he sound mad ignorant for a man his age, and he's a step above kevin hart on the funny scale, he was never the headliner type guy anyway to even throw shade at anybody

To be honest why does every black entertainer need a goddamn movie, Richard Pryor already made movie about himself and he played himself

mike epps ain't funny enough to play richard pryor, and what I mean by that is he doesn't have the natural charisma to captivate an audience
eddie murphy was the only one pyror level if not better

Also the thing about not being your business, that's just another defeatist attitude, and reason why mike is bitter at others success

your brand is your business, you have no choice whether to sell out or not

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike even said on the sway show that he wants to get Kevin in the Richard Pryor movie just so Kevin can help market it lol, I think mike is funnier than Kevin hart, but he still being a hater.

You must be one of those 10 real ones :heh:. It's just sad to me when nikkas get to this level of success and still gotta try to tear somebody else down.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Kevin used to be good when he was on the come up. I still like Little Big Man and Seriously Funny. He started falling off in quality when his first theatrical release came out. I'd still say his stand up is better than Mike Epps though. As much as I love Mike Epps, his comedy never translated well into stand up for me personally.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're wrong and probably didnt even listen. Or you just aint a real nikka. Everything he said was real shyt ,including his reason for going at him that way. Basically the reason they took it there was due to kevin turning a cap session into going at mike's career. So that brings career into the convo. Mike went to explain like this nikka is basically a kim kardshion type character and really just an average nikka when it comes to his craft. Which is an accurate assessment to me. Kevin is everywhere,good for him. But considering how big he is,what has he really done that was super duper funny?
I dont remember anything iconic from him.
And i'm not talking popularity i'm talking quality.
His whole career has been about a large quanity of average quality work.
Both his comedy specials that went to the theaters were wack.
Even the good movies he's been apart of,he's just there. He doesnt make the movie dope.
And like i said,none of this would have been said,had he not attacked mike's career.

I gotta say this interview was on point:wow:...One thing I don't remember though is I thought the beef came from Mike calling Kev overated on some raido show? But that could've happened after Kev went at his career on twitter first....He was obviously feeling some type of way and should've just got it off his chest instead of carrying it around and goin on that radio show to say it,cuz he did sound like a hater saying it after the fact to people.

In the interview he even mentioned why he and other comics was bitter,he feel like through social media/tmz/tabloid era Kevs path to stardom was somewhat easier....I say the same about a lot of these rappers as well....if you understood the Kim Kardashian metaphor he was on point with that:banderas:

At the same time in Kevs era the comedy writers doing these movies just absolutely suck and cant be as authentic because we are in the PC era as well...we are in the era where if they put a "black comedy" in theatres it probably aint going to only meant for a black audience,they want white people to be able to digest it too....so its positive and negatives for Kevin being in this era,he could sacrifiece money and fame to keep it real and raw but:patrice:....I think he's being himself so I cant complain.

It aint enough black comics doin it as big as Kevin so unfortunately he is taking all the hate for black comedy....Same as Tyler Perry took all the hate for the state of black movies.

They just doing they thing,it don't right to me when black folks attack sumbody for bein overated when they the ONLY ONE on that level right now know what I mean?Especially when its not like you can exactly say theres a guy who you could plug into Kevins spot who DESERVES to be where he is instead.

Plus Kevin seem like a good dude who wants to put other black comics on,ride the wave out or knock em off with your talent....Not that its not true,it just don't feel right:patrice:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
The corniest thing to me is when these dudes work with these dudes before/after they go at them. If dude is so average why you goin' on his show? nikka know damn well if Kev invited him to co-star in Ride Along 15 he'd be right there. The "real nikkas only have 10 followers" crap was straight salty, bitter, delusion. So does that mean everyone who has fewer fans than him is realer than him? He's a pretty big star in his own right. I don't get how career is off limits. If some less famous cat came at Mike that would be the first thing he'd go to. Everyday nikkas take it there.

If Kevin is stealing jokes, that is fukked up. The reality is he still had to get to a certain level to even be able to do that and something tells me that Mike and Aries have more of an issue with him getting to that level than the foul shyt they claim he's doing. I wanna know what jokes is he stealing. His whole set is about family members and his relationships.
Are you nikkas even watching the whole video? How could y'all ppass off Mike's real shyt and reason for saying these things as bitterness or jealousy AND he's telling truth on top of all of that

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Its funny I never appreciateed Katt WIlliams until Kevin Hart blew up. Katt's that nikka.

Kevin Hart is just hype. His last special barely made me chuckle, it was over the top.
And he blew up off talent. Kevin just a goofy good marketer. His jokes are weak

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you nikkas even watching the whole video? How could y'all ppass off Mike's real shyt and reason for saying these things as bitterness or jealousy AND he's telling truth on top of all of that

Did you even read my post? I was very clear in what I was saying and why I was saying it.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sways response to Geraldo was such a cop out. Hiphop has had a negative impact & I'm tired of people deflecting and refusing to acknowledge that

:what:

Are you saying that economic deprivation, sub-par education, the prison industrial complex and countless of other well documented political weapons used against black people had less of a negative effect than a form of entertainment?

Also...white people are the biggest consumers of hip hop...what is your explanation to the lack of negative impact on white people. :aicmon: