Missing Navy SEALs now presumed dead after going into the water on night mission

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
lately it seems every navy seal has a podcast or book out.

But the only time you hear about seals is when something goes wrong.
Because the missions that are successful are typically downright evil

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
They don't have proper flotation suits when doing these ops?
Don't need 'flotation suits' in salt water. The air in your lungs will keep you afloat. For added buoyancy, your wet clothing + surface tension = temp balloons.​
They don't have a GPS, backup GPS, IR transmitter, emergency radio devices, RFID or some other technology that can help spot them in water?
This is a legit question as some of those items are part of their kit on a mission. This, however, wasn't a mission.

There's squids on this board that'd be able to give you more info.​

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Murica elite forces getting boinked by primitive Houthi farmers & Abdi from Somalia with rags on their heads.

Damn!

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
Don't need 'flotation suits' in salt water. The air in your lungs will keep you afloat. For added buoyancy, your wet clothing + surface tension = temp balloons.

This is a legit question as some of those items are part of their kit on a mission. This, however, wasn't a mission.

There's squids on this board that'd be able to give you more info.​

It says it was a mission

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A glorious death for any true red, WHITE and blue blooded American :salute:

bibi-clap.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So many questions... why just the TWO??? and wtf was they doing there in the first place and no backup???:jbhmm:

If I'm not mistaken seals are trained in some sort of buddy system. If one goes the next one follows.

edit googl

The "buddy system", where each SEAL has a fellow SEAL watching his back, is an important part of SEAL training. SEAL swim pairs are the cornerstone of SEAL operations

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
This guy I knew back in the day was a SEAL (retired). He was in the first Desert Storm Operations. Him and his team were one of the first military people in Kuwait even before shyt kicked off. His team was asked to infiltrate Kuwait by jumping off a plane at high altitudes, land miles off the coast in the Persian Gulf and swim their way into shore. He showed me his medals, papers where he got recognized, all signed by GW. These guys just don't drown unless there are accentuating circumstances outside of their training, and these guys are prepared and trained for everything.
My thoughts exactly. And if something just fantastical happened. Pure equipment failure. Stroke. Etc. it would not happen to both