MJF On Fan Criticism Of AEW; Draws Comparison To Judaism

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During a recent interview with Jason “Solomonster” Solomon for SEScoops, AEW World Champion Maxwell Jacob Friedman (MJF) discussed why some wrestling fans hate AEW. Below are some highlights:

MJF on why certain wrestling fans hate AEW: “Yeah, well, here’s why. I’m actually going to relate this to Judaism, because I’m very good at my job. When you think about why people hate us and why we constantly get attacked, it’s because we’re different and being different makes people uncomfortable.”

MJF on fans making making bad-faith arguments: “I genuinely feel the reason that a lot of the time you’ll find a lot of–and don’t get me wrong, there was most certainly constructive criticism online, genuinely.. but you’ll find a lot of non-constructive criticism online. Just wild irredeemably messed up sh*t that people are saying that is either untrue Or just mean, you know? And I think the reason that’s happening is Monday Night Raw is the longest reigning episodic television show of all time. We have only been around for what, four and a half years? That’s new, that’s different, and what’s different scares people.”

On Tony Khan’s comments about AEW being the challenger brand to WWE: “So I actually do agree for once with Tony Khan’s assessment [AEW being the ‘challenger brand’ to WWE] and I think that’s the issue. I think the issue is that we’re fresh. We’re new. We feel dangerous to people – and I kind of get off on that, because I get to be the World Champion of that danger and that change, just like I get to be a champion of the Jewish people.”

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Lol I hate the victim mentality the AEW brass has from the wrestlers to the fans

AEW has haters absolutely but they also have a big passionate fanbase that absolutely loves everything they do and will go to bat for them without question. Focus on that. Build on that. Accentuate your positives.

Kill that victimhood “everybody hates us” shyt.. it’s a billion muhfukkas that trash WWE and thinks everything they do is childish garbage. You’re not gonna see Triple H sitting at the podium after a PLE talkin about negative reactions and hate comments on twitter. nikka gon say we broke records and keep it moving.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
A great coach knows how to harness haters into billboard material to rally the locker room and zero in on the goal. An ineffectual coach allows that to be the only focus to where it demoralizes the players and becomes a distraction.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I have no dog in this fight but I feel like I should remind everyone of [WWE's 'Stand Up For WWE' campaign before we talk about one company playing the victim.
wyebki2rbib11.jpg

:russ: