MJ's "No nikkas" policy continues...

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
ChrisMannixSI: Inexplicable to me that Brian Shaw doesn't get the Charlotte job. What more does Shaw have to do to prove he is ready to be a head coach?

:mjpls:

Dat nikka know wtf he needs to do.

sosagrill.jpg

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
ChrisMannixSI: Inexplicable to me that Brian Shaw doesn't get the Charlotte job. What more does Shaw have to do to prove he is ready to be a head coach?

Simple: convince someone that Shaw has nothing to do with the Triangle. Kurt Rambis in a way is ruining Shaw's chances at a head coaching job. Nobody wants to touch Phil's old assistants.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simple: convince someone that Shaw has nothing to do with the Triangle. Kurt Rambis in a way is ruining Shaw's chances at a head coaching job. Nobody wants to touch Phil's old assistants.

Yup

Brian Shaw recounts shady fallout with Lakers' brass - Ian Thomsen - SI.com

Yet his time with the Lakers hasn't been the boon he assumed it would be, which is one of the reasons he has come to Indiana. By helping the Pacers this season, he may be able to distance himself from Jackson's triangle offense.

"I talked to him last week," Shaw said of Jackson. "I said to him, 'I never realized how many detractors you have out there.' Because when I go out on head-coaching interviews and if I mention the word 'triangle,' it makes general managers and owners cringe.

They don't want to hear about the triangle offense, they don't want to hear about Phil Jackson. It was funny, even when I came here and I sat down with them, jokingly Larry [Bird, the Pacers' president] was like, 'I don't want to hear anything about that triangle bull----.' And that's kind of the attitude that everybody has."

That skepticism appears to be based on the failure of coaches other than Jackson to implement his offense of intricate team play. Jackson's assistants -- Jim Cleamons (with the Mavericks from 1996-98) and Kurt Rambis (with the Timberwolves from 2009-11) -- tried and failed to install it elsewhere.

"I interviewed Brian four years ago and we talked about that," Bird said. "He said, 'I like the triangle, it's great, but you've got to have the right players to run it. I would use part of it, but it's according to the talent that we have. You've got to have the right guys.' "

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nate Mcmillan who I think is a good coach should also be looked at.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
let me post up the cham video in celebration of the no nikkas movement:bow:

Last edited by a moderator:

swag johnson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh at jordan

the bobcats are a joke
http://images.*****.org/x/src/1340078916834.gif

Boutdatlife

Shoe & music connoisseur
Daps
Reppin
DMV
"capiscono
Anytime you get a chance to sign an assistant coach from the 10th best Big East team in the conference you just have to do it.
254 fans like this."

"Spiralb
MJ is the ultimate competitor. He lost out on the #1 pick this year but he's going to fight even harder to get it next year!!!"

:russ: @ those 2 comments

Since '86

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Bobcats just don't want to pay for a top-notch coach. There is no other reason for passing on a Sloan, a Shaw, or a McMillan. It's bad enough they missed out on the #1 pick & presumably Anthony Davis, but this?

MJ still gambling :scheme: