Most Impressive Fight of RJJ Career??

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I know people always say roy should have retired after the Ruiz fight, but it's hard to retire when a fighter shows up to the press conference talking shyt
He should have told Tarver to get his weight up and come fight in the HW division but Roy should have never went back down to LHW; he should have stayed in the HW division (avoiding super heavys mind you) till he decided to retire.

And my favorite Roy fight is the Virgil Hill bout just for that body shot KO.

PS5

Wiz a 1/2 seed right now ya dig Tekashi1223
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Most impressive is not a good word here. Most impressive is winning the Heavyweight vs Ruiz.. can't top that.
But you could mean most impressive as in how Roy looked during a fight. Then THAT would be something up for debate

I can't really remember which fight made me go :gladbron: but he had a few of those. I miss those days when boxing was front n center :to:

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Some fights that I dont think have been mentioned yet, the Richard Hall fight even though it was conpletely one sided. It was one of his best show boatin jobs, and also the David Telesco fight.

I would consider his win against Hopkins to be his most impressive, winning that fight as easily as he did. And the first Tarver fight would be 2nd for me

Im not as impressed with the win against Toney, I believe his problems making weight were legit and it effected his performance. Either way I dont think James wouldve won.

dagodmcizme

All Star
Daps
(Anyone have the Thomas Tate interview before the fight???)
vs Thomas Tate

vs Montell Griffin 2

vs Bryant Brannon

I was like 12 or 13 when this fight happened. He from my city so everyone was so excited and really thought he was going to beat Roy but people who really watched boxing like me was like :comeon:

Still see him from time to time in the streets.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I think the Bryant Brannon fight may have been his absolute peak. It was his Cleveland Williams fight (to Muhammad Ali) where it's just a virtuoso at work.