Moving to New Orleans, tips and advice

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Kenner is nice and quiet but it’s far from the city bout 30 mins

The West Bank is where I’m from it’s affordable and close to the city if that’s wat you looking for. I live 10 min from downtown and I have a one bed room my rent 600.

word? :ohhh:
prices like that unheard of 10 mins from downtown atlanta unless you in some section 8 shyt

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I’m thinking about making this move to go down there and teach.

What are some affordable areas in or outside the city? How is Kenner?

I’m used to some ratchet shyt but I’m not trying to be around anyplace where I hear gunshots every night.
What area is your school in?

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
Went there for for the partying:blessed: like a year before the hurricane....even then I could tell that city was TRASH:mjtf:

Seems like there is no middle class....just rich or flat ass broke people :patrice:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Went there for for the partying:blessed: like a year before the hurricane....even then I could tell that city was TRASH:mjtf:

Seems like there is no middle class....just rich or flat ass broke people :patrice:
Middle class isn’t real

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I’m not down there yet I’m still in Atlanta bruh.

But I was thinking about moving down there to teach. I’m comfortable anywhere so I don’t mind working with project kids
Kenner and Metairie are on the outskirts of New Orleans (20 mins for Metairie, 25-30 for Kenner). Higher to live there and the houses are a bit outdated there. Condos are modern but higher than in New Orleans. Frankly it’s higher because the nikkas aren’t there so you’ll have luxury of no gunshots every night and whatever lol.

If you wanna live in New Orleans, first make sure you find a neighborhood in a flood X zone. Saves you on flood insurance and less likely to be flooded in general.

Uptown and downtown are higher living rates cuz it’s the heart of New Orleans. You can target New Orleans East (where I stay) or Gentility (slowly getting gentrified but nice area). NO East has its fair share of knuckleheads but if you scout your neighborhood good enough you can easily see what area is a good one.

Best bang for your buck is Gentilly and NO East as far as having a modern house and still being close to all the action of the city.

If you want comfort of not worrying about thugs and shyt, Metairie and Kenner should be your target but again, it’s high there and alot of the houses are outdated.

If you going for a condo/apt, then I wouldn’t consider NO East or Gentilly. I’d go for downtown or Uptown.