"My 37 isn't MJ's 37." Kobe Bean Bryant Yall

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:mjlol: played 14 seasons total. :childplease: played 20. well he played 1/2 a season last year and like 10 games the year before. so closer to 19 total seasons total. still far more than :mjpls:

I guess he's gonna cop pleas early tho. I was watching a replay of the lakers game this morning at like 4am, and that nikka looks slower than molasses these days.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
He's actually right on that accord. MJ had the breaks and that helped extend his career somewhat. Kobe has played a lot of postseason games as well so he's probably played well over 20 plus seasons if you factor that in.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Jordan had nearly three complete seasons off from then and played in one Olympics, the biggest Olympics ever. He played a fraction of kobes total games and minutes.

Kobes 37 is KAREEMS 37

Kobe has been on a special diet the last few years, he's been taking care of his body to the best of his ability. Kobe also has missed more games the past three years than he has played in. That's time away from the game, regardless if it wasn't self-imposed.

Jordan, by all accounts spent his entire 30s' drinking and gambling, essentially abusing his body. Believe it or not, that adds mileage, albeit a different type, but it adds mileage.

Kobe was never, nor will ever be the greater player of the two.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Do people really think that 55,000 fukking minutes isn't taking a toll on Bryant as a basketball player? My brain is struggling to process this. He's right. His 37 years old in the NBA isn't the same as when Jordan was 37. Mike didn't play 1993-94, and he missed over 60 games in the following season before coming back. He sat all of 1998-99 through 2000-2001. He had a lot less wear and tear on the court. I don't even want to know how many playoff minutes Bryant has on his legs.

Well, Jordan's more intelligent and knows when to step away, ALA Floyd Mayweather. Jordan was the undisputed best during his reign (which I count as 90-98) Kobe has never been the undisputed best for a 5 year time-frame, much less an 8 year one.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
let me clarify.

What i'm saying is it's worse being 40 playing in the nba then 37.

Not to mention MJ took 4 years off, while kobe has been injured but still being able to be in some type of shape.

Also playing 50k minutes has a big affect on you, but nothing affects your performance more to ME then your physical age.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
let me clarify.

What i'm saying is it's worse being 40 playing in the nba then 37.

Not to mention MJ took 4 years off, while kobe has been injured but still being able to be in some type of shape.

Also playing 50k minutes has a big affect on you, but nothing affects your performance more to ME then your physical age.

Kobe couldn't even shoot 50% from the field in his physical prime, yet a 6'4 Dwayne Wade can??? How does one explain that? Kobe has always been the most inefficient player out of the elites.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kobe couldn't even shoot 50% from the field in his physical prime, yet a 6'4 Dwayne Wade can??? How does one explain that? Kobe has always been the most inefficient player out of the elites.

you don't have to tell me that, but this was in reference to my 1st post which got misconstrued because i wasn't clear on my point.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
you don't have to tell me that, but this was in reference to my 1st post which got misconstrued because i wasn't clear on my point.

I know, I just wanted to emphasize that people alluding to his age as a reason for his inefficiencies are blowing smoke because those inefficiencies have ALWAYS been there, they're just more prominent now due to his age and wear and tear.

Jordan didn't need 20 seasons to figure out "Let me change the way I play so I don't end up with a fukking freak injury". When he came back prior to the 2nd three-peat, he switched his whole game up from a slasher/driver to a back to the basket mid-to-low post player, and rarely held on to the ball dribbling for 15 seconds. During that second three-peat the only time he attacked the basket with any frequency was during a close game, in the 4th qtr.

Lil Big Daddy

Self made King
Daps
Reppin
Black folk
Kobe will never be on MJ level, and it will ALWAYS haunt him
lAZ1L.gif