My job offered me a promotion in San Antonio! What's it like over there?

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
SA bytches fell off when the club scene died. it's spots there that are more "sophisticated" but you'll likely find more stuck up 6s. prime San Anto days was the early 2000s to like 09

living wise, you can find big houses for the cheap.
U ain’t ever lied back then :whew:
Can’t give much input cuz when I was there for AIT then stationed there was early 2000s
Having said that I go back every couple years either drive thru say hi to old friends and my niece lives there so my brother goes all the time there.
Living wise ur good for cost of living
And u can travel to Austin bout 45 min drive or Houston or Dallas or Corpus Christi or even further south to padre islands
So your in the center of stuff if SA won’t satisfy certain things u wanna do or go see
Female wise good luck I was told from him :russ:
Not saying it’s bad but like he said above compared to before not even close looks wise tho the other characteristics like job personality i dont know much bout I’m just giving u the shallow outlook
Base wise ur straight it serves its purpose shyt load of trainees tho
It’s all about what u trying to do or what u expect is most important

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Bring a Woman with you. Or, at the very least, find a Texas Woman NOT from San Antonio. I've been here since 2013, shyt is spooky for any single Brother looking for something serious.

Cost of Living depends on your Spending Habits. Hoes are everywhere, Sex is not something you'll ever worry about. There are Bars on damn near every Street.

Areas to move in to: Alamo Heights, Stone Oak, 1604 & Potranco area (New Developments), 1604 & 90 West. If not, you better off living in Cibolo (outskirts City).

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Nothing much going on there. Once you go to SeaWorld, the Riverwalk, and the Alamo, that's it. :manny: I'm sure folks who were/are in the Army or Air Force that were stationed out there can probably give more insight though.

If you're black and moving to Texas and have a choice on where to live, you should live in the Dallas metroplex or Houston metroplex. Maybe Austin.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Breh that man either hates you or he's desperate to fill the position. San Antonio is the Mexican version of Atlanta but I'm sure you already know that.
Plus all the women are huge... they got this one restauraunt (Chuy's I think) that will end your fukkin life if you try eat it all the same day.

Off topic but I worked with a Mexican guy from there once and brehito couldn't speak a word of Spanish... shyt blew my mind :dahell:
Texas has a lot of Mexicans who have been in Texas for generations who don't speak Spanish or not really fluent. I knew a Mexican whose family has been in Texas since it became a state in the 1840s.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Texas has a lot of Mexicans who have been in Texas for generations who don't speak Spanish or not really fluent. I knew a Mexican whose family has been in Texas since it became a state in the 1840s.
Idk it ain't like they went across the globe and out of reach of people speaking the language :why:

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
:blessed: :blessed: They offered me a relocation package and gave me two months to decide if I wanna take it

What the weed like

Where the freaks @

Whats the cost of living looking like for a 24 year old?
Ive spunt time out that way as I have family out there. Overall it's a nice city and does have some appeal however, if you coming from ATL it is NOT Atlanta so first and foremost dont go out there looking for anything Atlanta-like because you gone be mad as hell.

It is largely hispanic HOWEVER, contrary to what a lot of people think there is black people out there especially in the east side of the city. It's pretty big and spread out like the other 2 big Texas cities ( Dallas/ Houston). I've went out there for weekend visits and have ate just fine with BLACK WOMEN so there are plenty of freaks black, mexican and mixed chicks as well. I remember seeing a ton of mixed chicks out there I even fake talked to one for a few months it's a military city so that is at least part of the reason why. Me and my cousin have both had a few one night stands out that way just going to they clubs and running our mouths. Women wise its not on the level of Houston ( we have the baddest women in the country Im not arguing with nobody about it either) but you will see at least a couple that might be worth the effort.

Culturally from what I've seen a lot of the native blacks in SA kind of align with Houston culture ie. typical Texas nikka shyt ( sip drank, ride swangas/slabs, sell dope, pimp, scam, etc)

They mexican food is fire as it should be because it is a predominantly hispanic city.

It's also only a 2 hour drive to Houston depending on what part of town you live in my cousins come here to Houston for the weekends to party/shop etc at least 2 weekends out of every month.

I dont smoke but my brother say its some real good smoke out there just depending on who you tap in with.

If you a nikka who know how to go outside and run your mouth to these females you can definitely occupy some of your free time with no problem.

Its some fun to be had out that way fasho and you can stack paper cus the COL is pretty cheap. Its one of them cities where you will find people that absolutely love it and then there are those that absolutely hate it just depends on the person.

Last edited: