My job offered me a promotion in San Antonio! What's it like over there?

JayYoung713

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Does SA have a car culture similar to houston?
If you referring to slab culture yea, you will see slabs out that way it's a thing not on the level of how we do in Houston but in most Texas cities you will see at least some slabs. I've seen them in SA/Austin but nowhere you gonna find on it as hard as Houston.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
:blessed: :blessed: They offered me a relocation package and gave me two months to decide if I wanna take it

What the weed like

Where the freaks @

Whats the cost of living looking like for a 24 year old?
Congrats and hope this helps. It's pretty accurate.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Been up there a few times.

Based on your opening post, your mindset and what you're looking for outside of work doesn't align with what SA can provide. It's a good space to set up anchor when you're ready to be a family man due to cost of living and it having the general necessities needed to get by. Unless you're military, hispanic or happen to have a preference for hispanic/white women... :hubie:

Co-sign on 410 being terrible and the food scene being aight :ehh:

Depending on what kind of salary they're offering, I'd say take it, stack your money and move on in a year or two.

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
If you accept the job, do you plan on staying out here? Is the company helping you with Living Arrangements?

For Apartment hunting, the City is building Brand New Complexes all over San Antonio. FYI, if they take Housing Assistance Vouchers, DO NOT sign a Lease. Just Avoid. If you do choose Apartment living, get one with a Garage (extra cost). Break ins and Thefts are normal out here.

Looking for a Home should take you some time, but again, they are building New Homes wherever an empty area of Land is. However, there are some good places to Rent a Home, one spot is Luckey Ranch Subdivision, I suggest you check it out.

Traffic sucks because everything is so spaced out, but all the new Construction going on in the City has helped tremendously. Much better than Austin, Dallas and Houston.

Check some of this stuff out online. San Antonio also has some of the best Schools in Texas.

I know you are young, simply put, the Women out here LOVE to Drink and Smoke, they will leave the kids at home with whoever just to run the streets. Doesnt matter if they Married or Single. Take precautions.

EastAfrixan

Rookie
Daps
Let me tell you about those San Antonio women...
full
Tell us more