My thoughts on the Harriet Tubman movie. SPOILERS

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Harriet doesn’t need to be pretty, she was so much more than that. The problem isn’t her hard-looking face. Cynthia is a British bytch who has no respect for Black Americans despite her attempt to build a career playing our legends and heroes. The big deal with a Black man being the villain is that he didn’t exist! Harriet was a Black American hero freeing her people from heartless White monsters and a fictional Black man was used a deflection.
its going to get to a point that you won't be able to watch any movies if you don't like the actors or directors involved, Black profiting off other blacks being sent to the woodshed has happened since the slave trade, the character didn't seem like a big deal to me, he wasn't good at his job, whether he was real or not is irrelevant

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
its going to get to a point that you won't be able to watch any movies if you don't like the actors or directors involved, Black profiting off other blacks being sent to the woodshed has happened since the slave trade, the character didn't seem like a big deal to me, he wasn't good at his job, whether he was real or not is irrelevant
I don’t watch movies if I don’t like the actors/directors involved.
:yeshrug: