Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
You cannot name 5 better female vocalists than this :

1. Aretha - the mf blueprint. The original. Her voice had no weaknesses. Strength. Range. Power. Tone. Agility. Runs. Anything you could ever want from a singer, she mastered it across damn near every genre. The GOAT

2. Whitney - Some would argue she should be #1 and I won't front, she could do everything Aretha could. However, I feel Aretha was a tad bit more dynamic vocally. Whitney reminds me so much of Aretha on some Kobe/MJ shyt.

3. Ella Fitzgerald - This where shyt gets interesting. If you never listened to Ella, don't try to say she's not worthy. Her rendition of Misty was me & and my wifes 1st dance song at our wedding. It's perhaps one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Her voice gives me chills. It's haunting. That vibrato and that sweet tone. Her flexibility. Her scatting prowess. Her voice was a literal instrument and I've never heard anyone come close to sounding like her. She was the Jazz queen, word to Billie Holiday and Sarah Vaughn.

4. Brandy - This is probably where nikkas will start disagreeing heavily and idgaf. I used to have Mariah here but Brandy is on another level. The Vocal Bible nikka, let us say amen.
Her raspy, jazzy tone. Kinda like Dorinda Clark Cole, she can riff and run with anybody but it's her ear for arrangements and harmonies that put her above the rest. If you ever listen to her shyt from like Full Moon/Aphrodisiac, listen to it acapella so you can hear the crazy shyt she was doing with the background vocals. It's ethereal. I'm talking fukking 6-7 part harmony stacks/progressions that I struggled playing on my keyboard. She's so underrated.

5. Mariah - I used to have Mariah top 3 but as I get older, I have to admit, she never wowed me vocally. Don't get it twisted though, she can blow, word to Nick Cannon, but her voice was always lacking something when compared to the previous women on my list. Her range is what catapulted her above her peers. That whistle register was godly in her prime. She was the pop queen and her 1st 4 albums is probably the greatest run of any female artist ever in terms of album sales, certifications and #1 hits. She was a monster.

Honorable mention: Jazmine Sullivan, Lauryn Hill & Beyonce.

You can't fukk with that list.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
An artist who never wowed you vocally is in your top 5 greatest vocalist ever. Wow.

It's your list tho :hubie:
Read my nikka. I said when compared to the others on my list, she never wowed me. But vs everybody else she was top notch.