My Wife Has to Work 6 Days This Week because of Privileged Cac Girl

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
I’ve been in 2 car accidents. Car accidents are traumatizing af. I’m 33, but I vividly remember and have flashbacks to a bad accident me and my family were in when I was 8. Her saying she’s not mentally ready to come back, can very well be factual. It’s more concerning that y’all only excuse an employee for two days off after a car accident!

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Another update, this bytch been lying. Her car is not totaled. She been texting another employee all week. The other employee been snitching to my wife.
Does it change the fact she was in an accident?

There’s literally only 2 things your wife can do… fire her or suck it up..

Like I and others have said.. if yall fire her or she quits your wife still gonna be pulling 48+ hour weeks.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What was said to her by y’all was a potential HR issue and I’m saying this as a manager for years. Sometimes u gotta bite the bullet. Best thing ur wife could’ve done was tell her to contact HR and see about a Leave Of Absence and work it out from there. It’s part of management to deal with these types of issues properly.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
She can't claim FMLA unless a doctor fills out the FMLA paperwork excusing her from work due to mental health. That's assuming she meets the eligibilty for FMLA. (Need to have worked 1 year for an employer and worked 1,250 hours in the last year)

Unless the employee has benefit time to cover the absence such as vacation or sick, the absence should be considered an unexcused absence.

If this goes on for a few days, your wife may want to request a medical note from her doctor keeping her out of work. Call her bluff.
This isn’t even technically legal. What u said is all wrong actually. U should ALWAYS refer the employee to HR when they are taking a bunch of time off for any medical, family, or traumatic/mental issue.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't a real accident. Her front bumper fell off and she has a dent in the side. The car is still driveable. New details have emerged. She's been lying. Apparently it has something to do with her bf breaking up with her so she's been trying to get the weekend off and has been pumping up this minor accident as the reason why.

The company snitch has been feeding my wife all the gossip because the cac can't keep her mouth closed. My wife is about to take disciplinary action if she can get something to stick.
Sounds like the breakup caused the distress that led to her being distracted while she drove, leading to the accident. So while the accident may not be the reason for her being unable to attend work, she probably didn’t think time off for a breakup was gonna fly with the restaurant and the accident gave her a convenient out. Sounds like she still needs the time off anyway.

Probably best to just give her the week off. Most ppl are a mess at work the first week after a breakup. They’re useless anyway. She’s just gonna take extra long breaks to cry in the bathroom or forget certain tasks if she comes to work anyway.

Sounds like a larger issue where maybe some more manpower is needed on the roster so that it’d be easier to find coverage.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Does it change the fact she was in an accident?

There’s literally only 2 things your wife can do… fire her or suck it up..

Like I and others have said.. if yall fire her or she quits your wife still gonna be pulling 48+ hour weeks.
So after talking to her again, she cried and told her that her bf has been cheating and they fought about it. She's been using the accident as the reason why. She said she's coming to work her shift tonight.

My wife told her she's on final warning for the no call/no show one more fukk up and its a wrap.

See, if she woulda followed your advice, this bytch woulda got one over on her. I'm glad my wife decided to call upper management and dig a little bit because shyt wasn't adding up. You on some other shyt breh

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Also from reading the replies in here, yall nikkas really don't be reading the whole post. :snoop:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And another thing… never trust a snitch. You don’t know what motives they have especially if they’re pretending to be that chicks “friend”.

You also need to look at her history… entitled or not, is she a poor worker/performer? Is she always a problem? Does she always get reprimanded?

If not, your wife needs to take this L. As a manager, this is the shyt you’re supposed to do

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Also from reading the replies in here, yall nikkas really don't be reading the whole post. :snoop:
Man she could be setting your wife and the company up. If she voice recording all these calls and bring all them convos to a shark ass lawyer, your wife getting fired and she gonna get a new foreign coupe off y’all. “I thought I’d get fired :mjcry: and it was traumatic driving to work. They believed some girl that I don’t really open up to via text.”

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So after talking to her again, she cried and told her that her bf has been cheating and they fought about it. She's been using the accident as the reason why. She said she's coming to work her shift tonight.

My wife told her she's on final warning for the no call/no show one more fukk up and its a wrap.

See, if she woulda followed your advice, this bytch woulda got one over on her. I'm glad my wife decided to call upper management and dig a little bit because shyt wasn't adding up. You on some other shyt breh
I mean, it is what it is. I worked in the restaurant business too.. we’ll see tonight how this shyt works out for yall :mjgrin:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or maybe we just have a different opinion?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve led and managed several successful teams and dealt with all kinds of shyt from employees. It’s really a chess match where you gotta think about the long term impacts of short term decisions. One misplayed reprimand can destroy a team for months or even years. I think that’s why some of us brehs are saying to move with caution.

But maybe you’re right and we’re wrong and she’s just a bad employee. I’m sure you have way more context to the situation than any of us. :yeshrug:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Also. If the employee is doing no call no shows. She should be documented every time until she’s terminated. Because if she’s doing that she’s not doing her part as an employee to cover her own ass. Those also should be done with a witness in the room and an employee signature. There’s definitely protocol that needs to be followed in situations like this.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
This isn’t even technically legal. What u said is all wrong actually. U should ALWAYS refer the employee to HR when they are taking a bunch of time off for any medical, family, or traumatic/mental issue.
This isn't wrong at all. If the employee is staying out due to "mental distress" and the employee does not come to work after a few days, the manager has every right to ask the employee if she has a medical note supporting her leave of absence.

Especially in light of her potentially bullshytting about the seriousness of everything.

Yes, HR can be involved, but they would likely ask the same thing before it turns into an employee relations issue if this keeps dragging out.

If the restaurant as a personal leave of absence policy, that could be applied here depending on the circumstances and eligibility requirements if she's going to claim mental stress but won't see a doctor.