Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I'm prepared, don't think I haven't thought this through for years... Ja Morant vs
FL7zxqrXIAQXQ-z.jpg:large

How about
baron-davis500.jpg

Not only where these guys just as good vertically as little spindly 88lb Ja Morant, they were also much more built on top of it with body like grown ass men... Built Ford fukkin tough, more durable, thicker in the legs as well and generally just more explosive.

Players were built back then to fight through aggressive defenses and weren't just skinny little plyometrically based athletes trained in skill jumping which is essentially what Lavine, Ja, etc do, which is jump up in a straight line and do more tricks on the way up due to practice. Not built to sustain their frames, and extremely lean in order to also keep a frame built to shoot the basketball from 3. Steve Francis is a better athlete than Ja Morant (the most athletic PG in today's NBA).
Let’s do a versuz on athletic freaks

1990-2005
Vs
2006-2022

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm prepared, don't think I haven't thought this through for years... Ja Morant vs

How about
baron-davis500.jpg

Not only where these guys just as good vertically as little spindly 88lb Ja Morant, they were also much more built on top of it with body like grown ass men... Built Ford fukkin tough, more durable, thicker in the legs as well and generally just more explosive.

Players were built back then to fight through aggressive defenses and weren't just skinny little plyometrically based athletes trained in skill jumping which is essentially what Lavine, Ja, etc do, which is jump up in a straight line and do more tricks on the way up due to practice. Not built to sustain their frames, and extremely lean in order to also keep a frame built to shoot the basketball from 3. Steve Francis is a better athlete than Ja Morant (the most athletic PG in today's NBA).

edit:
and also the only position that might be more athletic today is the center position due to the post game being eliminated and them essentially playing like rebounding wings, which also goes against you saying especially not the PG position
You can’t tell me this ain’t @Swagnificent alias :pachaha:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

How about
baron-davis500.jpg

edit:
and also the only position that might be more athletic today is the center position due to the post game being eliminated and them essentially playing like rebounding wings, which also goes against you saying especially not the PG position
These niqqas weren't that durable though :mjlol:

The rest is some "back in my day" nonsense

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
They didn't play in the "take a rest, no 4 games in 5 nights, elongated all star break and off-season" era and they also had to do all that while playing against actually regular season defense instead of this cone drill competition we see nowadays for 82 games
And still routinely missed games :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s why these two nikkas got flabby and fat quick asl in this league? At a certain point with GSW, Baron was just fat breh :russ:. Those not good examples

B. Diddy was a freak athlete before the injuries. And like dude said built like a man. He would've been better than Russell Westbrook and Lillard if he played in this era.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
B. Diddy was a freak athlete before the injuries. And like dude said built like a man. He would've been better than Russell Westbrook and Lillard if he played in this era.
Westbrook is built like a mf lol at that being your example, yea B Diddy was a freak athlete but he was flabby

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Westbrook is built like a mf lol at that being your example, yea B Diddy was a freak athlete but he was flabby

B. Diddy was not always fat. He was lean and mean his first couple of years. You obviously don't remember cause you were too young. He started having knee issues early on and that led to his weight gain.

He's up there with T-Mac and Antonio McDyess on the greatest what ifs of the early 2000s. All 3 were freakish athletes with elite skill level before injuries stunted them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has been debunked a million times over.. I've even said a million times, the league isn't even more athletic than it used to be, NBA athleticism peaked in the early 00s.. today's players, especially the stars are better pick n roll distributors and shooters but when it came to the full spectrum of athleticism, early 00s players take the cake over today's stars

Cosign.

The NBA peaked in terms of talent in 2001-2003. The 90s built up to that zenith. Then we started the slow decline that bottomed out in 2020.