Nets fined $100K for violating player participation policy

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It isn’t. Back to backs have always been apart of the game.
Also, us load management truthers are being proven right this season. Look at the top 30 scorers in the league. Very few missed games and no significant injuries among them. Even Kawhi played every game, including back-to-backs until very recently.

It's almost like their bodies are being conditioned for the grind again. :ohhh:

Last edited:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Good, should hit them with more.
I am all for the fans, that work hard to pay to see stars play not being finessed by 8, 9, 10 figure people. These type of conservatory/disempowerment rules are not needed when players were standup guys, or in other sports where they still are. But unfortunately too many people make this necessary.

I know a lot of people on here work exclusively for the players benefits and bank accounts like they had management deals with them :umad:

You pay to see a team, not a player. The coaches get hired to win championships, not validate your ticket purchase. They have to make decisions for them that make sense, not your pocket

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
You pay to see a team, not a player. The coaches get hired to win championships, not validate your ticket purchase. They have to make decisions for them that make sense, not your pocket
You? Why don’t you talk about what you do.
The price of the tickets increase when stars join the teams for a reason, even if the team underperforms.

They will do what they feel is the best for them, and I support what’s best for me.

Everyone is a free man, this is about opinions only

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
That’s good an all till people stop showing up and viewership goes down due to teams being down 30 at the half with regularity.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Also, us load management truthers are being proven right this season. Look at the top 30 scorers in the league. Very few missed games and no significant injuries among the. Even Kawhi played every game, including back-to-backs until very recently.

It's almost like their bodies are being conditioned for the grind again. :ohhh:
It's also not yet the halfway point of the season. If all these guys are on fumes or worse by the time the playoffs start, we're gonna hear about how wack it was, like when Golden State won the title when every team they ran into had major injuries.
The price of the tickets increase when stars join the teams for a reason, even if the team underperforms.

They will do what they feel is the best for them, and I support what’s best for me.

The only reason why any Net fan felt cheated was because after 3 quarters the Bucks were only up 8, so instead of the Nets going for it, they kept calling off the dogs. The Nets treated it like a summer league game.

That’s good an all till people stop showing up and viewership goes down due to teams being down 30 at the half with regularity.
the game only got out of hand in the 4th.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
It's also not yet the halfway point of the season. If all these guys are on fumes or worse by the time the playoffs start, we're gonna hear about how wack it was, like when Golden State won the title when every team they ran into had major injuries.

The only reason why any Net fan felt cheated was because after 3 quarters the Bucks were only up 8, so instead of the Nets going for it, they kept calling off the dogs. The Nets treated it like a summer league game.

the game only got out of hand in the 4th.
All-Star break is six weeks from now and plenty of these guys will be resting the final week of the season. They will be fine. Plenty of guys have been injured during the past few postseasons.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus

When they underperform who gets fired?

Resting players for one game does not equate to being down 30 at the half regularly.

People pay to see players. You sound like someone who hasn’t paid premium price for a game

Paid to see Steph Curry three times and he didn’t play. You sound entitled. There’s no players name on a ticket.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
League should just add an extra week to the schedule and stop with the back to back's already. It's clear that teams end up having to prioritizing one winnable game over another, rendering a whole other game as useless and almost unwatchable.

If the point of the sport is to have competetive and entertaining games why would you not want your players fully healthy and ready to go? Case in point, playoff games (which almost never have back to back's)
And when they still sit after not having back 2 backs? What will the excuse be then.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
NBA scheduling is broken with the back to backs

I assume the penalties get worse for repeat offenders because $100k is a low cost to protect your assets (players) keeping them out of a pointless game where they might be hurt
Most people work 5 days straight. These mf'ers make millions of dollars and have to show up an perform work back to back how many times a year like 5 or 6? And I'm suppose to feel solidarity with that. :mjlol: