Never played GTA IV. Worth going back for at this point?

GTA 4 worth playing in 2019?

• Yes :blessed:

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • No :larry:

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
So? I played GTA IV a lot since V released. I beat V once and never played the story again. V has better graphics....that's really it. You have a casual mindset that thinks (easy for me to drive, better graphics ITS BETTER)

While ignoring that IV had way more things to do than V. V was a downgrade in every way except graphically.

I’ll def say when it comes to bullshytting around and doing side activities outside missions, IV is definitely better than V imo. And I’m excluding Online for both of them with this comparison.

In IV including the DLCs, you could engage in bowling, golfing, drug dealing, pool, shooting darts, dating, police suspect mini-games, strip club, air hockey, nightclub dancing/being a bouncer, etc. I found them to be more engaging than V’s side activities. Only side activities from V that I care about are taxi rides (which can get very repetitive), tennis, prostitution solicitation, and hunting (which has since gotten stale to me since RDR2 offers superior hunting activities).

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
The artist was aight the Papoose like you said matches the streets/underground of the time (idk about B.O.B., Kardinal Offishal, Talib Kweli) track selections were trash though

No Dipset and or ByrdGang shyt? No 50 and G-Unit? No Fab?

basically funk flex had easily the worst selection (no shocker here) but before the added music mr c :dame: and green lantern had easily the dopest tracks. statik selektah had a backpacker type selection i didint really like, but those initial tracks from the other two were perfect for that time. their hot97 was better than the real one

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Started playing this :hhh: at nikkas say it's better than v.

Driving is complete garbage, driving around on ice.
Combat system is garbage
Radio is the worst:picard:, who the fukk tryna drive around listening to fukking swizz beatz and Joel Ortiz?
Characters are lame.

Don't see me finishing this shyt. Only 3d gta i never went back to and now I'm reminded why. :scusthov:

The radio stations were pretty trash, especially the old school hip hop one.

How you gonna have a station that plays Classic 80’s and 90’s NY Songs and not have Biggie, Jay Z, Big L, Big Daddy Kane, Eric B & Rakim, Tribe Called Quest, Mobb Deep, Run D.M.C. and Wu-Tang on it. :why:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
great story and the way they brought NYC to life in the game is super cool. its a lot better than GTA V.

honestly it gets weirdly overlooked nowadays

They could of made Liberty City a lot more bigger and it’s missing a lot of notable NYC landmarks such as Madison Square Garden, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and the Washington Heights Bridge.

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
They could of made Liberty City a lot more bigger and it’s missing a lot of notable NYC landmarks such as Madison Square Garden, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and the Washington Heights Bridge.

Other landmarks and neighborhoods that are missing are the Apollo Theater, the World Trade Center site (Ground Zero back in those days), Union Square, Yankee Stadium, The Hub (Bronx), the Biggie mural in Fort Greene and Big L mural in Harlem (they at least had a replica of the Big Pun mural in Bohan tho), a graffiti-covered 5Pointz, K-Town/32nd St., Williamsburg, Canarsie, etc.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
its not perfect (im not from NY fyi ive just been a few times) but i preferred it a lot to GTA V's LA

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Other landmarks and neighborhoods that are missing are the Apollo Theater, the World Trade Center site (Ground Zero back in those days), Union Square, Yankee Stadium, The Hub (Bronx), the Biggie mural in Fort Greene and Big L mural in Harlem (they at least had a replica of the Big Pun mural in Bohan tho), a graffiti-covered 5Pointz, K-Town/32nd St., Williamsburg, Canarsie, etc.

They actually have the Apollo Theatre in the game. It’s down the street from that clothing store in North Holland (The Harlem section of the map) they also have 5 Pointz in the game as well, it’s by the Manhattan Bridge.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
its not perfect (im not from NY fyi ive just been a few times) but i preferred it a lot to GTA V's LA

Nothing wrong with that. I know a few people that prefer IV’s map but imo V’s Los Santos felt like a true representation of LA compared to IV’s Liberty City’s representation of NYC.

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
They actually have the Apollo Theatre in the game. It’s down the street from that clothing store in North Holland (The Harlem section of the map) they also have 5 Pointz in the game as well, it’s by the Manhattan Bridge.

:ohhh: Yeah it’s about time I head on back lol, I haven’t played IV in quite a few years since I barely play my 360 anymore. For some reason, I barely spent much time in North Holland outside missions unless I’m playing as Luis.