Never played GTA IV. Worth going back for at this point?

GTA 4 worth playing in 2019?

• Yes :blessed:

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • No :larry:

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was pretty enjoyable. I liked the realism and story. Roman got kind of annoying, but overall I had fun just watching it all play out. I wish it had some of the features that gta v did (realer traffic density, more area to play). I also liked the shooting. Sometimes it looked like you actually shot somebody in real life (some people get hit and realize it halfway through a movement then fall and hold the wound in agony or keep escaping). The only part of the game I didn’t really like was the simulated New Jersey. They had an opportunity for some real variety. I assume system limitations kept the Jersey side small. As well as the areas past Brooklyn and Harlem. You don’t have anything to lose by playing it. The DLC’s were made it 3x better. Lost and the damned doubled down on the grittiness, ballad of gay tony brought back the unpredictable wackiness of San Andreas. I almost forgot the soundtrack. I only listened to the rap, reggae, and RnB stations. The soundtrack is one of my favorites out of all the GTA’s and the RnB station is underrated and might be the best outside of the new jack swing of SA and black 80’s pop from VC. It’s one of those games where a different person will give you a different answer. I didn’t go into it thinking it would be like SA and I enjoyed it, even the SA is still my favorite. I think some people didn’t like how dreary, isolated, and hopeless it could look at times.

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
GTA IV is a great game. Have you played DLC's? Go for TBOGT

The GTA IV original is also worth playing, more challenging game and more realistic driving. It may be more grimey and may feel boring to some gamers but it was easily one of the best games from late 00s gaming industry

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Yeah, definitely, it's a solid game. The friendship mechanic is super annoying but other than that there's no real issues with the game. If it weren't for constant annoying phone calls I'd rank it equal to GTA V. As mentioned the expansions, especially Gay Tony, were really good