Never played GTA IV. Worth going back for at this point?

GTA 4 worth playing in 2019?

• Yes :blessed:

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • No :larry:

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Story bored me to tears, though I thought Liberty City felt much more "alive" than Los Santos in GTA 5. The pedestrians seemed less robotic and the melee & shooting were superior. Niko was a much stronger protagonist than the crew in GTAV, also. Still, while GTA has always had repetitive missions, other GTA titles did a much better job at mixing it up and injecting humor to keep the player somewhat engaged (San Andreas, GTA V in particular.) On the flip side, GTA IV takes itself too seriously and the missions themselves are 90% of the time scripted chase and/or tailing sequences, followed by a shootout. There's not much variety to speak of and personally, it wasn't an enjoyable game to me in comparison to the other major entries in the series.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Started playing this :hhh: at nikkas say it's better than v.

Driving is complete garbage, driving around on ice.
Combat system is garbage
Radio is the worst:picard:, who the fukk tryna drive around listening to fukking swizz beatz and Joel Ortiz?
Characters are lame.

Don't see me finishing this shyt. Only 3d gta i never went back to and now I'm reminded why. :scusthov:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Started playing this :hhh: at nikkas say it's better than v.

Driving is complete garbage, driving around on ice.
Combat system is garbage
Radio is the worst:picard:, who the fukk tryna drive around listening to fukking swizz beatz and Joel Ortiz?
Characters are lame.

Don't see me finishing this shyt. Only 3d gta i never went back to and now I'm reminded why. :scusthov:

GTA IV is immersive and has a better story and protagonist than V

V is trash af and your gonna say the same thing when VI comes out