New Brooklyn "Affordable Housing" Seeking Tenants Making Up To 200k Per Year

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
You can’t just make every single part of the city some dense jungle. Infrastructure doesn’t allow for that and it makes for a poor quality of life. Out here in the bay we’re facing that. California has never been dense like east coast cities but this last twenty years, the influx of people requires denser housing and yes, it’s a problem because California doesn’t want to be nyc, furthermore even if we built quickly, infrastructure takes much longer to upgrade to support that new density and you truly do change the layout and culture of an area.

Rents won’t come down dramatically in ny ever, for centuries that has been one of the most in demand cities, pair that with the rate of foreign investment coming from China these days and the high cost of building, get over it, the inner parts of ny will not be for the low to middle income. Europe has had this blueprint forever and it’s not close to reversing, that’s where we are heading. Burbs will now be the hood, inner city will be the wealth.

Exactly. I think that 3-6 story buildings are ideal form of urbanity for residential neighborhoods. Massive apartment buildings on every block would make the city feel dystopian.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
We gon have to chat. I’m in the market for something :mjgrin: and would rather the business go to a brehette than the yakubians that have been showing me spots.

Link me :myman: Just tell me what you're looking for and where.

You better act quick then. Just two years ago there were 2 families in Mott Haven for like 400k, now the same shyt would be way more expensive

Don't remind me :mjcry:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I think Maryland is one of the few states that actually reserve nice affordable housing for those that need it. There are apartments that people would kill for here that are only open to people who make less than 50K and that's only if you're childless. If you have children, the income threshold is much lower.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
I think Maryland is one of the few states that actually reserve nice affordable housing for those that need it. There are apartments that people would kill for here that are only open to people who make less than 50K and that's only if you're childless. If you have children, the income threshold is much lower.
Yep! got a few of them in my building lowering the QoL. I used to support this but now would prefer a building with only people who can afford it actually. I wonder how VA does?

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
They're year round now.

Very true. The incentives would usually leave around Apt/May but i saw them more often this time around.

I’m just wondering how low the rent will be when the market goes down. I would prefer not to get a regular unit (after) the market crashes with lower rent & I’m stuck paying higher rent b/c I signed a lease too early.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grew up in Brooklyn and Queens........overrated making just under $120k in Denver paying $1400 in rent for a downtown loft

Rather live in Denver or Philadelphia

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Very true. The incentives would usually leave around Apt/May but i saw them more often this time around.

I’m just wondering how low the rent will be when the market goes down. I would prefer not to get a regular unit (after) the market crashes with lower rent & I’m stuck paying higher rent b/c I signed a lease too early.
That's exactly what will happen to some. And you're in contract until it expires. It happens even now. Winter months see between deals. I've rented apartments at 5,000 in the summer that the exact unit two floors higher would rent for $4600 in the winter. Lol I always advise people looking for a deal to look in January if they can.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
That's exactly what will happen to some. And you're in contract until it expires. It happens even now. Winter months see between deals. I've rented apartments at 5,000 in the summer that the exact unit two floors higher would rent for $4600 in the winter. Lol I always advise people looking for a deal to look in January if they can.

Exactly. I’m never moving in the summer.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
another thing tho

There is this weird phenomenon where people feel pride about paying really high rents and living in a prestige city(while struggling their ass off)