New Brooklyn "Affordable Housing" Seeking Tenants Making Up To 200k Per Year

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Patch.com - GDPR

BROOKLYN HEIGHTS — The city is touting a large batch of waterfront apartments, some of which require an annual salary of about $200,000, as affordable.

One hundred units at 15 Bridge Park Drive in Brooklyn Heights will be available through NYC Housing Connect until Nov. 9, but only to residents who make a specific income, city records show.

Subscribe

Half the apartments are reserved for applicants who earn 165 percent the average median income, which means 13 three-bedroom apartments cost $4,380-per-month and require an annual income between $150,171 and $199,650.

Twenty studio apartments cost $2,947-per-month and require applicants earn a minimum of $101,040 annually, 10 $3,157-per-month one-bedrooms require a $108,240 minimum salary and seven $3,797-per-month two-bedrooms require a $130,183 minimum salary.

0032E751-0FA3-4B2B-8130-DBF72B129BB9-1538574234-8863.jpg

The development is located near a section of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway that Department of Transportation officials say needs a years-long renovation that will cost billions of dollars and potentially shut down the Promenade for six years.

Building amenities include a rooftop sun terrace, fitness center and a children’s playroom, records show.

More information is available on the NYC Housing Connect website.

Photo courtesy of the Department of Housing Preservation and Development

See article on Patch >
More from Brooklyn Heights, NY Patch

71 New York Billionaires On Forbes List Of Richest Americans

These Jelly Keyboard Cleaners Get Grime From Every Groove

Sign up for free local newsletters and real-time alerts for the Brooklyn Heights, NY Patch

Patch.com is the nationwide leader in hyperlocal news. Visit Patch.com to find your town today.

©2018 Patch Media. All Rights Reserved

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Note for those who may not understand.

With many new developments in NYC there are tax incentive for developers set side affordable housing units. These are typically done at a 80/20 split. Meaning 80% are market rate and 20% are "affordable" units with poorer residents in said neighborhood getting priority based on an income threshold. As is the case here. Some times that thread is beyond what your average person would consider affordable. See the chart for an income breakdown.

Source: I work in real estate

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
It's a lot of New York nikkas down here in Florida especially Carribean nikkas all got family up in New York or vice versa. Know a rican who whole family come down during the warmer seasons and he go back up for christmas.
So it's just the bronx left standing after brooklyn and harlem goons got ran off the city :mjgrin:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
That’s how lottery apartments go. And I’m a city employee. I actually have priority for lottery apartments. I live in one now. But I need a bigger spot.
Neighborhood residents get first priority and this is a smaller scale building so it's Even less likely. The buildings with 400+Units are more likely since they have more units set aside for affordability. Buildings like 461 Dean, 33 Bond St and 250 Ashland are good examples of this

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Note for those who may not understand.

With many new developments in NYC there are tax incentive for developers set side affordable housing units. These are typically done at a 80/20 split. Meaning 80% are market rate and 20% are "affordable" units with poorer residents in said neighborhood getting priority based on an income threshold. As is the case here. Some times that thread is beyond what your average person would consider affordable. See the chart for an income breakdown.

Source: I work in real estate

Yep chicago does similar with developers who take government money to build apartments and town homes.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Neighborhood residents get first priority and this is a smaller scale building so it's Even less likely. The buildings with 400+Units are more likely since they have more units set aside for affordability. Buildings like 461 Dean, 33 Bond St and 250 Ashland are good examples of this
I’m in BK. I wouldn’t move to the city regardless. I applied for the fukk of it honestly. There’s a new one in BK that I’m hoping to get into.