New Erykah Badu interview: I saw something good in Hitler; Defends Cosby

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Funny how this interview made me think of Marge Schott and her thoughts on Hitler.

For you youngins, this is the former owner of the Cincinnati Reds.

An Arrogant Marge Schott Is an Embarrassment to Baseball

In an interview on ESPN on last Sunday, Schott said of Adolf Hitler that "everybody knows he was good at the beginning, but he just went too far."

Those are the exact words she used back in 1993 when she was fined $25,000 and suspended from baseball for one year for slurs against blacks, Jews and Asians. Some people refuse to learn from the mistakes of others--as Jimmy the Greek didn't learn from Al Campanis. But Schott can't even learn from herself. Because she doesn't want to learn.

Her every action says, "I haven't changed one bit. And you can't make me."

Back in 1993, a former Reds comptroller charged in a lawsuit that he was fired because he protested Schott's use of phrases like "million-dollar ******s," "money-grubbing Jews" and "Japs."

Schott denied those charges. Then, backhandedly, she confirmed them. Asked if she had ever used the word "******," she said, "sure" but "very seldom." She added it was "a Southern expression" and not necessarily offensive to African Americans.

She couldn't remember whether she'd called Martin Luther King Jr. Day "****** day," but added "anything's possible." As to the swastika she kept at home among her Christmas decorations, she said it was memorabilia.

Schott isn't just unrepentant about her bigotry. She clearly revels in it. After she returned from her previous suspension, she gave a downtown Cincinnati speech in which she said she didn't allow her Reds players to wear earrings because "only fruits wear earrings."

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
She cant defend hitler (one aspect of him at that) but folks can defend all the presidents and white folks of america who ruled during Slavery and Jim Crow. Hitler was no worst than them, and the USA gets to prop them up like heroes. Hell the USA govt. were the forerunners to the Nazis.

Last edited:

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Unpopular opinion here but whatever. :yeshrug:

Humans are complex beings and have a myriad of personality traits and actions.
No one is perfect, neither is anyone pure evil.

Being an abhorrent person doesnt mean you cannot have skills. Many artists have done things I find completely immoral. Doesnt negate their talent though.

Acknowledging someones skill doesnt not equate to supporting their ideologies or actions. Saying he’s a good painter hardly makes her third reich.

People gonna lazily run with this but I respect her for speaking her mind regardless.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Defending Farrakhan isn't an issue because he says things that I can agree with him on. Now, Hitler :childplease: Dude was a genocidal piece of shyt. Also, he was an evil fukk who wanted world domination. Minister Farrakhan never bombed a Synagogue.

This is where people are getting it wrong.

She isn’t “defending” Farrakhan by noting he had things she agreed with. She equally had stuff that she didn’t agree with.

Shes just being objective.

No one is denying Hitler was a genocidal scumbag but theres people who would silence you for “defending” Farrakhan when all you’ve done is assess him as a person and havent written him off completely for the stuff you don’t agree with.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
This is where people are getting it wrong.

She isn’t “defending” Farrakhan by noting he had things she agreed with. She equally had stuff that she didn’t agree with.

Shes just being objective.

No one is denying Hitler was a genocidal scumbag but theres people who would silence you for “defending” Farrakhan when all you’ve done is assess him as a person and havent written him off completely for the stuff you don’t agree with.
I know the ADL would silence you. However, there's ways over that. You have to word your answer in the right context.