New Erykah Badu interview: I saw something good in Hitler; Defends Cosby

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
fukk Hitler.

But I also don't subscribe to the idea of him being pure evil, as the mainstream and Jews would have you believe. I get what she's saying and agree. Even that horrible man had some good actions (which no one is arguing outweigh the bad).

I also don't cosign this common notion that Hitler and the Nazis were the worst in history. That designation I reserve for the colonial empires of europe past and present

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Unpopular opinion here but whatever. :yeshrug:

Humans are complex beings and have a myriad of personality traits and actions.
No one is perfect, neither is anyone pure evil.

Being an abhorrent person doesnt mean you cannot have skills. Many artists have done things I find completely immoral. Doesnt negate their talent though.

Acknowledging someones skill doesnt not equate to supporting their ideologies or actions. Saying he’s a good painter hardly makes her third reich.

People gonna lazily run with this but I respect her for speaking her mind regardless.

I'm sure some people with faux outrage will blacklist her and talk about boycott. But Time magazine made the same man, The Man of the Year, in 1938 - and I'm sure these numbnuts still reference the same magazine.

The woman is entitled to her opinion.

Daps
We live in a country that worships Washington, Jefferson and other "founders" who enslaved millions of Africans in a genocidal system of labor for which a day of reckoning still hasn't arrived, but she can't say Hitler was a decent painter. :mjlol:

She was trolling them and I love it.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
I know the ADL would silence you. However, there's ways over that. You have to word your answer in the right context.

Basically tip toe around liberal and jew eggshells until everything you say is filtered by them :scust:

Funny thing is Black people feel no way being apart of this dumb process

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
I know the ADL would silence you. However, there's ways over that. You have to word your answer in the right context.

Basically tip toe around liberal and jew eggshells until everything you say is filtered by them :scust:

Funny thing is Black people feel no way being apart of this dumb process

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
I'm sure some people with faux outrage will blacklist her and talk about boycott. But Time magazine made the same man, The Man of the Year, in 1938 - and I'm sure these numbnuts still reference the same magazine.

The woman is entitled to her opinion.

Tbh at it’s very core, her opinion is fact.:manny:

Humans are multi faceted and even the worst human can do good and visa versa.

Black Twitter loves neutering independent thought though unless approved by white liberal daddy:scust:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
People really defending this hoe :dead:

In that case crackas can say "well Trump does wear nice ties tho guys"

Who gives a fukk
He still a piece of shyt:mjlol:

You can say

"Well I know child molesters are bad but some are artistic tho":yeshrug:

Mane fukk u and them:wow:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
But don’t you think that someone as evil as Hitler, who did what he did, has forfeited the right to other people’s empathy?
Why can’t I say what I’m saying? Because he did such terrible things?

The question here is so significant in showing how dangerous our flawed reasoning can get us.

The interviewer was probably just asking the questions that made the interview interesting but most of us think about others in this way.

How could a human being forfeit other people's empathy?

Regardless of how heinous a person's actions have been... The question isn't that they forfeited all thought on empathy and understanding by others... It's that they have limited the scope in which that empathy can be a highlight of the discussion about them.

Of course, it would be ridiculous and offensive to bring up Hitler's painting, or basketball ball skills or trauma in his childhood when discussing the depraved actions as a result of his final solution mandate...

But, there is always the possibility to discuss how a monster can be created like that.

It's ironic, because, that ability of us to pervert other human beings into just one dimensional bad guys is what allows any person/group to label others as so inferior or bad that they "forfeit others empathy".

I mean, shyt... That's exactly what Hitler did to Jews, Gypsies, People with defects, etc... He deemed them as such a bad element that they forfeited their humanity or others' empathy.

I think she didn't put much thought into her statement by saying, "he had good in him" but her underlying empathy and openness to understand that every one was a blank slate until being corrupted or traumatized is commendable.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
People really defending this hoe :dead:

In that case crackas can say "well Trump does wear nice ties tho guys"

Who gives a fukk
He still a piece of shyt:mjlol:

You can say

"Well I know child molesters are bad but some are artistic tho":yeshrug:

Mane fukk u and them:wow:

At what point do we negate any redeemable qualities in a person? Can someone not simultaneously be a piece of shyt and talented? Do we not see countless examples of this (albeit not genocidal leaders)

In all honesty, I’m trying to see the other side of this argument and I’m open minded so shoot:yeshrug: