Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
tenor.gif

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First DEFENDING 3 point contest shootout winner to defend his title as a nonNBA player.

He's wearing a generic NBA uniform/warmups in this clip.
People use the term "real one" a lot, often wrongly... but there was no realer one than Craig Hodges. Visit the white house after winning ring for a photo op....and step to the POTUS about conditions for Black people. And end your NBA career in the process, even as there was a premium for outside shooters as the league began using the 3 point shot more.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with both MikeBlack and you here.
He took a brave stand and was written off by (most of) the league owners because of it.
I think he might have had an outside shot of coming back to the league either playing in a very liberal city, or for an owner who makes his own rules (jerry jones type).
He sued because the league and owners were colluding to keep him out..........and he settled......and then lobbied to get a chance to tryout......and then didn't agree to the terms of the tryout.

I read his book.. "long shot".. its a good read..

Low key cap on my part, Jordan financially looked out for breh behind all this..

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whole situation is a fukk cluster...

• The league colluded to keep him out obviously.
  • The league doesn't care about police brutality.
  • The league wants people who shut up and play.
  • The league doesn't want to hurt their bottomline by offending vets and patriots, despite the first amendment right to a peaceful protest.
Kap fukked because...
  • He coulda blew the lid off of the NFL...and said fukk their settlement. If it's about money, he was still getting a multimillion dollar check from Nike.
  • Why is he even looking for a job from a place that clearly discriminated against him. Take your money and keep doing the good work you're doing off the field.
  • He ultimately is trying to make a symbolic gesture by looking like a martyr, but he really doesn't want to play. It's inauthentic.

All this shyt is optics...from the NFL, to Jay-Z, to Kaepernick...shyts kinda sad really.

Not sad, just the way if life..:manny:

Im not sorry for Kaep..

Everyday brehs put up with far more, making way less, to make a living.

Like I keep saying, go to work, make your money and go home and take care if business..

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
To me, and I’m pretty sure to him as well, it wasn’t really ever about playing in the league again, persay. It was more about how the league was gonna treat him after the whole debacle. And they proved they didn’t want to have anything to do with someone so outspoken about national issues...

he’s transitioned from a sports athlete to civil rights activists. And he’s a good candidate, imho. People do it all the time in their careers, when they’re stable enough in one field. Some people try the mogul approach after they’ve made enough money to play with. Others have an evolution of value systems.

I believe Kaep’s value system evolved...

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
To me, and I’m pretty sure to him as well, it wasn’t really ever about playing in the league again, persay. It was more about how the league was gonna treat him after the whole debacle. And they proved they didn’t want to have anything to do with someone so outspoken about national issues...

he’s transitioned from a sports athlete to civil rights activists. And he’s a good candidate, imho. People do it all the time in their careers, when they’re stable enough in one field. Some people try the mogul approach after they’ve made enough money to play with. Others have an evolution of value systems.

I believe Kaep’s value system evolved...
This

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Change venues the last minute prior to the official workout. Call out the league and owners in your post workout press conference, and expect to get a job brehs :russ:. The NFL is making more money than it has ever been and don’t need to satisfy Kap or his supporters. They can close this chapter and move on.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I read his book.. "long shot".. its a good read..

Low key cap on my part, Jordan financially looked out for breh behind all this..
as real as they come

thanks for book recommendation

(I'm from the old school..........when you say 'cap' are you saying that it's a low key lie on your part? I thought the one Bull who had his back was Phil Jackson, not MJ)

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Not sad, just the way if life..:manny:

Im not sorry for Kaep..

Everyday brehs put up with far more, making way less, to make a living.

Like I keep saying, go to work, make your money and go home and take care if business..

I agree. Personally, I don't look for martyr's and symbolic victories, I just try to live my best life for me and mines, but I do like to see injustice fought against. NFL is clearly in the wrong and not only could Kap exposed that, he could've really pushed his message to the forefront and still kept some money in his pocket.

No one really knows what Kap is doing anymore, but that was his chance to do that while still making bank, maybe not as much bank...but he still woulda been an untouchable millionaire with a platform to show how far racism still goes in this country. The beauty of the 60s was, the social movements then were so loud, the US had to do things differently or continue to look like hypocrites on the world stage.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as real as they come

thanks for book recommendation

(I'm from the old school..........when you say 'cap' are you saying that it's a low key lie on your part? I thought the one Bull who had his back was Phil Jackson, not MJ)

I was just giving big ups to MJ..

But in his book, he said Jordan was the only teammate who helped him out, after that incident.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
No disrepect but ya'll got to stop using that term so lightly.
Even if you disagree, he’s doing a lot more advocating for civil rights currently. I don’t believe I’m using the term incorrectly at all.

why, might I ask, do YOU think it’s an inappropriate classification?

He holds classes for people teaching them techniques for dealing with police and laws and rights that citizens should know to avoid unnecessary entanglements with law enforcement individuals.

hes literally teaching civilians their inalienable rights as American citizens.

it’s the very definition of civil rights activism

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Why would he give up what he has now to go rot away on the bench of some sorry ass team hoping to get in the game eventually? His name is way bigger now than it ever was and he still getting Nike money... all without having to get his head bashed in on a football field. I think everybody need to just move on.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Even if you disagree, he’s doing a lot more advocating for civil rights currently. I don’t believe I’m using the term incorrectly at all.

why, might I ask, do YOU think it’s an inappropriate classification?

He holds classes for people teaching them techniques for dealing with police and laws and rights that citizens should know to avoid unnecessary entanglements with law enforcement individuals.

hes literally teaching civilians their inalienable rights as American citizens.

it’s the very definition of civil rights activism
Nonsense